«23»

Kayson's pov
November 1, 12:00am
"God fucking damnit Davina. When are you gonna stop hurting us?" Xander punches the wall above the toilet. Willow cries, running out of the bathroom. All I can do is look down at Davina's unconscious body on the floor. The blood on the rug underneath her. The fucking scars she reopened, and the new scars she's gonna have. "What are we gonna do?" Xander asks in a low voice, trying to act brave. "We're taking her to the goddamn hospital, Xander. She'll be okay. She has to be okay." I go on a rant, struggling to fight off tears. It gets harder every time, because I know one of these days I'll lose her for good.

"This shit hurts, Kayson. Are we not making her happy enough?" I immediately get up and walk out. "Get her in the car. I'll be waiting." It was a bit harsh, but I can't listen to him talk about her like she isn't still here.. I know seeing Jeremiah weighed down on her, mentally, but she never showed signs of even coming close to this again. I don't understand why. What Xander said breaks me. We truly can't make her happy enough for her to stay?

"Let's go." Xander gets in the front seat with me as Willow takes a seat in the back with D. I wipe my tear away quickly and start to drive off. "Are you cry-" the music gets turned up louder. 'Hemorrhage by Fuel' playing loud over the speakers. No. The words to the song don't help, but music is what helps me cope. Especially music that Davina and I have got to enjoy together.

One night, we were joy riding in my car. Just to have some time alone. This song started to play. She saw me try to skip it and moved my hand away from the button. "No. I like this song." She said while she started to sing along. I was shocked, I didn't know she was into it. I eventually started to sing with her. She would get dramatic with it and start going crazy with her dancing. It made me laugh. Like fully and genuinely laugh. I couldn't help but be mesmerized by her in that moment. I realized I did love her, and that I wasn't lying to myself.

"Get her in there. I need a minute for myself." I pull into the emergency room parking before putting the car in park and turning the music up.

"Okay. Come up with us soon. I'm sure she'd like to see you waiting." Willow says with a soft smile and getting out with Xander and Davina.
                   - — - — - — - — - — - — -
Davina's pov
November 3, 3:00am
"I don't give a shit, Willow. I don't even know if she'll fucking wake up." I hear from Kayson as his hand tightens around mine. I furrow my eyesbrows before looking over at him rudely. "Don't fucking disrespect her. Apologize." He quickly turns his head toward me with wide, watery, and bloodshot eyes. My eyes immediately soften at his gaze, and then I look away. "Look at me, Davina. Now." He sounds pissed. More pissed than I've ever heard. My eyes lock in with his as he stands up, dropping my hand when he does.

"I'm so sick and tired of you just giving up anytime you fucking want, Davina. You have no idea the toll it takes on us." He moves away, showing me the watery eyes of Willow and Xander. "I don't know if you know this, Davina, but we all fucking love you. We all love you so much that we forgive you every time you do this." He paces in front of my bed, his hands shaking while he does. "No amount of emotions should make you want to leave us. We're here because you're one of our people. One of the very few people we all fucking want around. Davina, we can't keep doing this. I can't keep doing this." He finishes with a shaky voice and one tear going down his cheek. "If I'm not enough to help you.. I'm leaving, because that means I'm not doing my job as your person. Your boyfriend. The man that would trade everything in the world for you."

I'm in shock when Kayson walks out of the room as fast as he can. My eyes start to water, as do Willow's as she looks at me with betrayed eyes. "I know nows' not a good time, and I don't wanna make you feel bad, but he's been crying on your shoulder for the past 48 hours. He loves you, Davina. We all do." With Xander's words I get up from the hospital bed and disconnect any wires and needles from myself. Willow gets up and tries to stop me, but I beat her to it and run out of the room, dizzy and aching. "Kayson. Kayson! Kayson!?" I run down the hall, calling for him while I do.