«30»

Davina's pov
                  December 31, 12:00 p.m.

"Davina!" Xander calls for me, still waiting for me in the living room. I finish putting my shoes on in a hurry, grabbing my leather jacket as I walk out. With little conversation, Xander and I walk out of the front door and head for his car, the snow falling into my face as we do. "Where are we going?" I ask confused at the timeline I was given in such short notice. We pull ourselves into the car, the car already started from the key fob. "You'll see." He says grumpily, his face not moving in my direction, not like his usual happy exterior. "Oh. Okay." And with that, the whole 30 minute ride is filled with loud music and no words exchanged. It concerns me that he's so out of the box upset, but I guess if he wanted to tell me he would. I just hope it wasn't me. "Whatever it is, that's bothering you. You can talk to me about. I'm here for you, always." He nods at my quiet words, but doesn't look at me and his words are still nonexistent.

We arrive at a doctor's office not long after my last words. His expression still straight, no emotion can be read on his face, whatsoever. "Why am I here, Xander?" He finally looks over at me, looking almost sympathetic about it. "It's a therapist. Kayson and I made the appointment a couple days ago." A dark laugh escapes my mouth as I get out of the car, slamming the door behind me. Leaving him in the parking spot behind me, still with no sign of moving the car. If he thinks I'm getting in that car, he's crazy. Absolutely fucking crazy. They couldn't have mentioned this at all? Not a damn word. At all.

I walk into the building, immediately regretting it when the smell of lavender fills my nose. "These motherfuckers." I mumble under my breath, getting sick to my stomach at the remembrance of what a therapist is supposed to do. "Name?" The lady at the front desk asks in a low huff, the tone alone pissing me off. "Davina Falix." I huff out in a mocking tone of her voice. Her eyes move up to mine, her face immediately going wide and her body stiffening up. What the fuck? Why the fuck? And how the fuck? "Follow her down the hall, first door on your left." She says with a smile and a nice tone laced in her voice. "Right. Okay." I head back to where she pointed and see none other than Barbie walking out of the same door I'm about to go into. I give her a quick look up and down before following the lady into the hall.

"And how does that make you feel, Davina?" I let out a frustrated groan at the question she's been repeating for the last 45 minutes. "It feels like my dad is fucking dead whether I talk about it or not. It also feels like I'm done with this, you can't bring him back to life and I'm done crying about it." I storm out of the room as fast as I possibly can but get stopped at the doorway by another worker. "Ma'am. Your dad isn't dead?" I freeze in my tracks and squeeze onto the guy I ran into. I turn around slowly, my eyes narrow and my blood boiled. "What do you mean? 'He isn't dead?' He's fucking dead, lady." My hands go to my face to feel the heat on my cheeks, but instantly goes through a wall after her next words. "He called about you this morning. He's not dead. He's actually been checking up on you, through someone named Kayson? Kayson Creed." Suddenly I feel like I've been punched in the stomach, stabbed in the back, and hit in the head with a hammer. My eyes grow foggy and piping hot tears fall down my cheeks as I begin to run outside.

I fall to my knees when I finally feel the fresh, cold air against my skin. I fall to my knees and let out a scream, letting out every frustration I have in my body. My cries turn into rage, and then I finally see Xander standing above me with tears in his eyes. He drops to his knees and engulfs me in his arms, trying to relax me. "Did you know, Xander?" He gives me no answer after a few seconds, giving me the only answer I need. I force myself out of his arms and start to walk down the sidewalk in front of the office. "Davina." I hear Kayson's voice, the rage becoming more intense by the second. "You motherfucker!!" I run at him, beating his chest with my fists when I finally get to him.