«24»

Davina's pov
November 17, 10:00am

"I'm sorry I can't be there with you, I'm on my way though, love. Only 8 more hours." Kayson mumbles out on the other side of the phone. He had something come up last minute that needed to be taken care of. So he wasn't able to make it on time.. "It's okay. I've got Xander and Willow. Be safe please." I dread being this far from him for a second longer, but business is business. "I love you, Davina. You be safe." And with that he hangs up. No time for me to say it back to him. I don't understand why these motherfuckers do that bullshit.

"Okay, let's get ready. Xander, your butt buddy is on his way. Willow, baby, you're my date to this dinner." I send a wink to her, letting her know I'm just fucking with Xander. She goes along with it by wrapping her arms around me from behind. She kisses my shoulder before sending a knowing look to Xander. "You're just an asshole for that, D. First, you take my butt buddy, now you're taking my girlfriend?" He puts a hand on his heart acting dramatic before fake crying sounds come from him. Willow and I burst into laughter before we stop acting like we're a couple. "I don't know what I did to deserve you two, but I'm so happy I did something right." I smile at the two of them before walking to the bathroom.
- — - — - — - — - — - — -
I have a dinner to attend to in 3 hours, and I've not even started to get ready. First impressions are everything..and I look and feel like shit. My period is 3 weeks late, I'm looking more pale than ever, I need to cut my hair, and my fucking pelvic area hurts like hell. Willow can fix my hair. Willow, however, cannot fix my biggest fear. Yea, I bet we're all thinking the same thing. "Willow, I think we have a serious problem." Her head whips around and her eyes are wide. "Don't scare me.. I'll cut your hair before dinner." I curl up into a ball before Willow asks me what's wrong. "I don't know, Willow. Help me to the bathroom please."

Willow quickly pulls me by the arm to the bathroom, immediately lifting the toilet lid. "Are you having unprotected sex?" She spits out fast, she knows my situation. "We did on my birthday." I hear her curse under her breath before going to get Xander. "Buy a pregnancy test..or two. Make it quick. It's an emergency." Xander sprints to the bathroom to see me on the floor with my hands on my stomach. "Fucking hell. I'll be 5 minutes." Willow comes back into the bathroom and closes the door behind her. "Try using the restroom and check for any bleeding."

I get up slowly, with the help of Willow. I pull down my sweats and immediately see a pool of blood. Relieved, I assume it's my period. "Do we have any tampons?" Willow sighs heavily and begins to explain. "This could mean you just had a miscarriage or you're having an ectopic pregnancy, Davina. You don't need a tampon. You need a doctor." I bring my elbows to my knees and thread my fingers in my hair. "I don't have time for a doctor. I've got shit to do, Willow. It can wait till tomorrow. Right?" Willow rolls her eyes before explaining why it's a big deal. "So no, you probably shouldn't wait until tomorrow."

"Well, let's get ready for this dinner. Then, we'll figure out what to do in the spare time we have." Willow pulls out a panty liner and hands it to me before getting out of the bathroom, nothing else said. "I'VE GOT IT. Am I GONNA BE AN UNCLE??" I hear Xander from the other side of the door. "No. This isn't a good thing for Davina like it would be for anyone else..thank you though baby." Willows voice is heard as the door begins to open. "Here's that. Whenever you plan on taking it." I get up from the toilet and sigh. "I'll take it before we head out."
- — - — - — - — - — - — -
I'm pissing on a stick right now. Two of them actually. I pissed on the first one and put it on the counter face down. Just as I end up doing with the second one. "We've gotta leave, hurry up shit for brains." I hear Xander say from the other side of the door. "Coming !" I don't even let myself look at them before walking out. My whole body is shaking from the pain I'm experiencing, I choose to act like it isn't phasing me though. At least until this dinner is over.