«11»

Davina's pov

Well, he hasn't killed me yet. We've been here at the beach house for about a week, and all he does is walk behind me on the beach when I go out there. He's always got a gun in his waistband, and he's never more than 5 feet from me.

He's acting like a damn bodyguard. I mean it's hot for sure. I just can't do anything I'd normally do with him right there. I mean, I could, but I'll behave.

He still doesn't know who I really am, and if he does.. we'll he's been very good at hiding it. I've got the bracelet in the bag that Willow packed for me. I didn't realize it until I took a shower the night we got here.

She also didn't pack any of my clothes. Just hers. Her pink, colorful, tight, uncomfortable, and suffocating clothes. I don't enjoy that at all. Matter of fact I've been sleeping in an oversized T shirt I found in one of the dressers.

Kayson's been sleeping on the floor next to the bed, because I wouldn't let him sleep next to me. I felt bad, but he definitely deserved it after calling me a crotch rocket, just because I went outside without him.

How rude. That tall, lanky, little fuck. Hurt my little fragile feelings.
- — - — - — - — - — - — -
I walk around the homey little beach house, finally getting a good look at it.

This place is beautiful. Though, the sun has completely set. So the bright full moon is the only source of light I see. The porch has a nice porch swing, and little citronella candles resting on the table in front of it.

Citronella has become my savior, mosquitoes suck. And I found out that I'm allergic to mosquito spray. What a life I have.

I take a seat on the loveseat, still looking out the window. Really taking in the scenery before Kayson comes out here and ruins it.

The dim light in the house makes it feel cozy, along with the green and black theme of the living room.

Suddenly a green, fuzzy throw blanket falls over my legs, and a jacket gets tossed in my direction.

I block all of it out, still looking around the house in awe. "This house is actually so beautiful."

I hear Kayson's voice come off humorously. "You've been here for a week now, and you're just realizing the scenery?"

"Well I've been a little distracted, and stuck in my own head." I can hear Kayson sigh heavily as he starts to get dinner ready.

I find the bookshelf full of books and get excited, "How many of these books have you read?" I ask rubbing my finger across the the spines of a few of the books.

"All of them." I suddenly hear Kayson say from right behind me, reaching his arm over mine to grab a book.

I widen my eyes slightly, shocked at the amount of books there is. Book nerd.

"You should read this one." I look down at the book in his hands, it doesn't look like your ordinary book though. It's an all grey hardcover, and it has the name, 'Lainey R. Creed' on it.

His mom wrote a book? Woah.

"What's it about?" I ask curious, simply because his mother was the last person I expected a book from.

He looks down at me, almost like he's expecting something from me. He looks into my eyes, not moving, and not saying anything.

"Kayson." His eyes look glazed over like he's zoned out, not even bothering to look away.

I grab his hand, nothing.
I grab his other hand, nothing.
I trace my fingers across his arms, nothing.
I lay my hands on his shoulders, nothing.