«29»

Davina's pov
December 23, 8:00 p.m.
Willow's twentieth birthday was just this past week, so now that it's Friday..it's time to party. Willow said she didn't want too many people here, so Xander and I just invited the people we can trust. I can feel in my bones that something bad is gonna happen tonight, I'm just not so sure what it is yet. I'm hoping it has nothing to do with our group, we're doing great right now. I'm sober, Willow's happy more than she is sad, Xander is finally getting a lead spot in a different division than Kayson, and Kayson is smiling more, no more frowns on my man's face. So fun.

"I told you to LEAVE HIM ALONE YOU DUMB LITTLE BITCH!!" I hear Willow yell from across the house, the same girl that's been trying to get with Xander at every party. Willow is just about the purest soul I've ever met, but she'd turn into the devil for that man. "Where's Kayson?" Willow walks in after causing a scene, frustration plastered all over her face. "He's working late, he'll be on his way around midnight." She rolls her eyes dramatically before yanking my hand and walking us to the kitchen. "We're getting drunk. Maybe I'll have the balls to kill that bitch." I smile and look at her with the most adoring eyes ever, her hand still pulling me. "I'll do it for you. Right now. What's she look like?" She pauses when we get to the kitchen her eyes slowly turn to me, a small smile threatening to come out. "I swear. You and Kayson are the same person. Perfect match." She mumbles the last part under her breath as she begins to pour some vodka in our cups, 80 percent vodka, 20 percent soda. "You and I are a perfect match too. Opposites attract, and you define the opposite of me." She smiles cheekily and hands me my Yeti cup. "I love you babes, but you're too nice when you're not drunk. Drink up."

Midnight comes around, I'm wasted, Kayson's still gone, Willow's almost blackout drunk, and Xander is babysitting her. I wander off to the end of the island in the kitchen and start to drink straight out of the bottle. Whiskey burns my insides after I take a swig, immediately making me a thousand times more confident. My body is relaxed and my mind is racing, a disaster waiting to happen. I go to my phone resting next to the speakers it's connecting to, I begin to change the song and eventually find one I'm satisfied with. Drunk In Love by Beyoncé plays through the whole house, as soon as it does, I hear Willow yell out a loud "FUCK YEA!!" as she begins to dance on the island. "God, she's wasted out of her ass." I say to myself as I hear a familiar voice agree with me. "Amelia? Oh my God!" How does she just appear at every party we have and then never again? What the fuck?

Amelia laughs under her breath as she gets up, close and personal with me, giving me an inch of personal space. "You know.." She trails a finger up my arm, my back against the wall for stability..considering I'm drunk. Her hands reach my waist and squeeze before pulling me into her. "I could treat you better than Kayson. I'd know." My eyes go narrow, not realizing she just said she wanted me, more focus on the fact that she's been under him on a bed before too. "Amelia. I don't wanna hurt your feelings, but I promise. No one tops that man in any aspect. I'd know." She laughs under her breath devilishly before putting her mouth next to my ear. "Funny that you think you have a choice. You're coming with me regardless of what you want." Goosebumps litter my skin, my body realizing the danger of her words before I do. My eyes go dark and my body stiffens as I push her off of me and go to punch her. A hand wraps around my stomach before I can get one in, pulling me flush against their body.

I turn around to see Kayson's smiling face, his eyes looking just as happy. "Baby, that one isn't an enemy." My body relaxes under his gaze, touch, and smile, but I'm still pissed that she thought that was okay. "Fuck that blonde little bitch." I mumble under my breath, not looking away from Kayson. He wraps both arms around me and pulls me just barely off the ground. "You can't fight every blonde you see." I roll my eyes and lay my head on him, annoyed that he's calming me down this fast. "I can if she threatens me, you, or my relationship." He rolls his eyes, shaking his head as he continues to hold me. "Maybe you should've punched her. There's always next time." He smiles a cheeky smile at me and then puts me down, telling me he needs a drink. Leaving me by the speakers. Alone. With Amelia straight across from me, her eyes not leaving me.