«51»

Kayson's pov
pt 2 of chapter 50.

I've never felt more useless in my life than I do in this very moment. Watching the girls I'm supposed to protect.. fight men that kill guys ten times the size of them, with their bare hands. I've been shouting since this brawl started, but somehow I've become overlooked and ignored. It's agonizing to sit here watch my girl get punched in the face, my blood is boiling by the time fifty more people walk in. I call for them, not caring about what side they're on. But again, I'm ignored or unheard. I start to pull harder on the chain around my wrists, looking around desperately looking for help. Now knowing that one of us will not make it out of this alive, and I refuse to let it be the girls.

I turn my head one last time, deciding to give up on asking for help. I now stare straight in front of me, right into Colton's furious eyes. I see a lot of the same mannerisms in both him and Davina, it makes sense, but it's throwing me off considering the differences in their current attitudes. Davina, she's got angry enthusiasm in every move, a psychotic smile, and eyes that are full of confidence. Colton, he's got fear laced in every yank of the cuffs, an evil smile, and eyes that are filled with insidious rage. Though, they both keep a smile.. the two are very different. Confidence in the pregnant woman. Fear in the retired mafia boss. Never thought I'd see it.

I see a man take a knife between his knuckle, putting straight through the flesh of her cheek. My anger overflows and I can no longer sit back and watch. "Davina!! Come untie me and let me fucking help!" I see her eyes fly over to me for a split second, but that's all I get. Willow looks between Davina and I, meeting her eyes and turning to continue fighting. "Fuck!! Davina you're gonna get yourself killed!" My anger has never been greater, my blood has never boiled to this extent, and I have never wanted to kill someone as much as I do right now. Her face drops to a sudden frown, simply sticking a knife through this man's chest, pulling it out, and walking my way. Pushing multiple people out of her way, kicking dying bodies out of her way.

She makes it over to me, her body squatting down to the level of my face. "I can't stop now, Kayson. Look at what we've already done." She tries to walk away shortly after she speaks, but I whisper under my breath, making sure only she heard. "I'm aware. Just untie me so I can help, Davina." She tilts her head and smiles at me, leaning in and placing a kiss onto my lips. A deep, intense, passionate kiss that is far too short lived. Her lips are now just hovering over the soft flesh of my lips, driving me mad. "I love you. Let me do this one on my own, though."

Then, as if a new being has taken over her body.. She walks away like a machine. Her face expressionless. She looks more inhuman than I've ever seen before. She doesn't look scared or confident, she looks fucking crazy. She walks to Colton with a knife in one hand and a gun now in the other. "Untie him, Willow." My eyes go wide, a new sense of fear overwhelms me. My pregnant fiancée is about to go one on one with the retired mafia boss. Willow walks behind Colton, her gun pointed to his temple as she yanks him loose with one hand. "How about some more of that fighting practice, dad?" He comes to a frozen stance and just stares at Davina, the girl he raised as his own. His face is just as expressionless as Davina's, but his isn't as cold looking.

"Davina. Don't you fucking do it." I shout across the now silent room, hoping to get at least something from her. No, all I get is a shoulder shrug, and a blow of a kiss from her. The room is silent, still, and terrified. No one has made a move since Willow let him loose. I don't even think they've blinked. They're waiting. Waiting to see what happens to their bosses. "Colton!" Someone from his team yells and tosses him his gun, nodding as if telling him to kill her and get it over with. "Thanks, Poling." He raises the gun up to her face, an obvious expression on his face. False confidence. "Shoot me, Colton." She walks up to him, so close that her head lays against the end of the pistol in his hand.