«10»

Kayson's pov

"Hey Willow. Come here please." I say while finishing up the dishes.

Yes. I'm doing the dishes at 12 a.m.

"What's up?" She walks up to me with a big smile on her face. She's always so happy.

As long as she knows Davina and Xander are okay.

"I have a question." She rolls her eyes playfully, sitting at the barstool across the kitchen.

"You're telling me I came out here because you have a question?" I look at her, trying to find a good way to ask this question without Willow overreacting.

"You just came from Davina's room. It's not like you were sleeping." I narrow my eyes at her, walking to the barstool next to her.

"Ask away, lover boy."

"Shut the fuck up. I don't even know what love is."

"Not what I was told."

"What?"

"Nothing. Question?"

She looks down at her hands like she knows something I don't. I'm curious, but I won't push. I'm just as tired as she looks, there's no time to waste.

"Has Davina ever told you anything about her past? Anything serious or something that could help me work out her shitty ass mental health?" I sigh, playing with the bracelet that I just found a month ago.

Willow let's out a laugh before she twists a bead on the bracelet, showing off the 'D'. "What's the D stand for, Kayson?"

She looks at me knowingly, slightly pointing towards the hallway that Davina's room is in.

"My best friend's name." I frown the slightest bit, getting worked up over someone I'll never see again.

Willow looks at me, slightly smiling. Obviously hiding something. "Describe your best friend to me Kayson."

I close my eyes, picturing the little girl I was once friends with. At such a young age, I wouldn't expect to remember her as well as I do.

"Bright blue eyes. Freckles on her nose and a little on her cheeks. Short red hair that was always curled and in pig tails. A scar on the side of her neck..from her dumbass mother. And that damn green spot in her left eye."

Willow gives me a huge smile, raising a brow. Wanting to say something so bad. She brings her hands to her face and rests her elbows on the counter in front of us.

"Well to answer your question, Kayson. She has told me quite a bit through the years."

I sit there looking at her, waiting for her to continue.

"She's a dancer. And a boxer. It's been a while since I've seen her dance the way she did a few days ago."

She kinda looks sad, as if the memories have been pushed back for a little bit.

"She's not in her right mind recently. She hates everyone in her family. Except her dad. She hates the color pink, butterflies, and coca-cola. She loves red and black, drawing her own tattoos, piercings, and root beer." She sits there and thinks for a while before speaking out again.

"Oh, and she hates spiders, but she loves snakes." I laugh under my breath just the slightest. It's the complete opposite for me, I love spiders, but snakes can fuck off. Fuck those slithery little fucks.

"You and D have a lot in common.. that's another thing actually. Don't call her 'v' or 'Faye'." I furrow my brows in confusion, waiting for an explanation.