«41»

Davina's pov
                  August 20th, 11:00 a.m.

Sometimes I like to think I'm the only person in the world. Like I'm the only person who does anything, and can do it with no consequences. I'd like to think about suicide without feeling guilty and down in the dirt. I try really hard to shut these thoughts out, but it's like a never ending reminder that I can't just give up. I can't leave those who need me. Those who love me. Those who would kill for me. Those who would rather end their own lives before mine had the chance to end. My friends. My family. The only people who've claimed to care and then proved it to me. Willow who's had it rough, but still smiles for me. Xander who's been through hell, but still cracks jokes for me. Kayson, who's been by my side through it all. Who's given me two more reasons to live. My dad, my best friend since before I could even walk. These are who talk me off the edge everyday, without even knowing it. The two babies in my stomach that have been there for almost five months now, already change my whole mindset.

"We find out the genders of your kids today, and you go and kill a grown man an hour before your appointment? Wow, I'm amazed." Xander walks into the room just as I'm pulling the towel from my hair, deciding to just let it do it's own thing. I walk into the bathroom with a half smile, putting my towel away and changing the song on my phone. I've got speakers set up in just about every room, my phone Bluetooth's to one room at a time. I've just moved it to my bedroom from my bathroom. "Oh shit, D. I didn't know you were chill like that." Xander laughs loudly as 'Hollaback Girl' begins to flow into the room, leaving no room for conversation. I slide a pair of sweats on over my boxers and pull on some socks, my eyes not leaving Xander. Whose just broken out into a whole performance, bringing back a smile I've had hidden all day. "This shit bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!" His voice grows high pitch and his body moves to mine where he lays his hands over top of my stomach and moves his hips like I've seen no other do. I lift one of my hands and start hyping him up, singing along with him. "Few times I've been around that track, so it's not just gonna happen like that." I stand up with him and his eyes light up, finally seeing the side of me I've been keeping tucked in all day. "CAUSE I AIN'T NO HOLLABACK GIRLLLL!!"

We laugh, sing, and dance until I finally notice both Willow and Kayson standing there watching us. Kayson leans against the doorframe with a hand covering his mouth, hiding his laughter. Willow stands on the other side of him, doing the exact same thing..except she isn't hiding her laughter. Not even a little. I look back to Xander to see him completely unaware that they're there, so I just go back to dancing with him. Singing our achy little hearts out as much as we want. "Ooh this my shit, this my shit." We dance for a while longer, even after the song has ended, taking in this moment like no other. He then grips onto my shoulders, looking at me with a huge smile. "I know that they're behind me. Laughing at us.. but I'd quite literally do anything to see you that happy." With that he turns around and crosses his arms, seeing his girlfriend on the floor in laughter. Finally, as if he was waiting, Kayson busts out into a fit of laughter dropping his hand from his face. I get up on my tippy toes and rest my arm on Xander's shoulders, whispering to him and myself. "They're never gonna let us live this moment down, bro."

He laughs a little, looking over at me, still smiling. "And I'd do it again. To this song too. A little JT never hurt nobody." I smile back at him, both of us turning our heads back to the two people dying of laughter in front of us. I'm about to break out into song when Xander has the same idea. "I'LL LET YOU WHIP ME IF I MISBEHAVEEEEEE!" I turn my head quickly to see Xander already staring at me wide eyed, still with a smile. "You make me smile." "Go 'head child." We sing the words back and forth, not even fazed by the other two. We make our way to the other two, dancing the whole way while we do. I go to Kayson and continue to sing along, pointing my finger just an inch from his lips. Xander does the exact same, Willow being absolutely flabbergasted that this isn't rehearsed. "How did we not know that they were related?" She looks up at Kayson who's got his focus on none other than me, but he doesn't stay quiet. "I don't know, Wil. They both act like crack babies." He looks at me when he says it, a hint of a smile on his eyes.