«52»

Kayson's pov
                            October 21st.

It's been almost a month now, a little over two weeks, 504 hours to be exact... 505 now. She won't fucking wake up. She won't wake up and it's killing me. Xander is almost completely gone. He's alive, but he's practically a vegetable. He's depleted a shit ton over the past two weeks, and part of me thinks he's giving up because of Davina's lack of communication with him. We've told him repeatedly that she won't wake up and won't be awake for a while. He was patient and insisted he wait to see her.. but he isn't looking too good. Willow has been with him, telling me everything, just as I've done with Davina. I haven't left this room since she's gotten here. Other than to use the restroom and occasionally get food. Davin, he's deeply guilty and refuses to show his face, but I've gotten multiple phone calls from him everyday since. He's hoping to hear something good, and there hasn't been anything.

The only good thing to come out of this is the fact that our children have been born. They did an emergency C section immediately when she came in. She was far enough along and the babies are doing okay in the nicu. As much as I hate to leave them in there right now.. the whole reason their alive could possibly die as soon as I step out of this room. So the nurses continue to let me know how they're doing. This isn't how I imagined their birthdays. This isn't how I imagined their first few days, weeks, alive. It hurts that the only chance we got at this was ruined by such a shitty, selfish, monster like him. This isn't fair. This is all just not fucking fair. And if she does just so happen to die.. the babies will be left alone with just me. I'm hardly enough to keep anyone happy.. let alone two babies that wouldn't know that they got their smiles from her. Or the freckles they'll have one day. And the red hair on our baby girl. The blonde on the baby boy, looking something similar to Xander's. They're still too early on to see any of that yet. I'm just hoping that's how it plays out. With Davina present.

Just as I'm thinking about everything, Willow walks into the room, tears spilling down her cheeks, bloodshot eyes, and ruffled up hair. "He talked to me today.." Her words are not how I'd imagine them to be for something so special. They're sad and filled with fear. "He loves us. But he wants to see his sister now." She breaks down and looks over at Davina's rough exterior. I take a look too, but immediately look away. "Well? What're we going to do?" She sniffles and walks up to me, hugging my side and resting her head against my chest. She looks over at the door and that's when I see Xander on his bed, no machinery or anything but an IV connected to him. He's being rolled into the room by a group of nurses, all of which who share a sad expression. It hurts. He's pale. He's skin and bones. He's fucking dead already. And there's no way anyone can tell me otherwise.

They get his bed next to hers, just close enough for someone as small as Willow to walk sideways in between. "He's got no more than 5 minutes. 10 minutes max. I'm so sorry." She shares a good bit of empathy, but it's pointless. I'm 5 minutes from losing my life long best friend, and anxiety ridden that my fiancée may be next. "All we've got is each other right now, Willow. Please don't leave." I look down at her and then around the room, trying to avoid the sudden stabbing at my throat. "I won't, Kayson. I promise." She let's go of me and walks to the beds and grips onto both of their hands. Looking down as to pray. But then she pulls their hands slightly and lets them hold each other's hands one last time. She looks at the two hands and let's out the most heart wrenching sob, scream, cry. All of which are not good enough for the amount of emotions that come out of her. She falls onto her knees in the matter of seconds and grips onto the top of their hands. I can't do anything to make it better.

She falls to the ground fully, face against the floor and continuous sobs come from her lips. She's at the ends of the beds now, letting space for me. I walk to her, slowly and hesitantly. Once I'm next to her, I drop to my knees, one hand goes where hers once was, the other falling to her back. I try to give her what little comfort I can while I fall apart silently, next to her. "Davina. Please wake up. This is what you wanted to be here for." I mumble it under my breath for just the four of us to hear. Well, the three of us now. Xander is nothing but a decoy at this point.. Willow gets up as soon as she hears Xander take his last deep breath. Now, suddenly, our whole worlds have changed at the same time. Willow runs from the room, her loud sobs leaving with her. I let my hang between my shoulders now, both of my hands go on both of their arms, and I start to feel like I can longer breathe. With my platonic soulmate dead on my left, my romantic soulmate not far behind on my right. "FUCK!!!" I scream as loud as I can. I let out any pain I've been holding for the past month now. I let out everything. My tears. My voice. All of it goes with Xander.