«34»

Davina's pov
April 6, 2:00 p.m.

Two months down, since the 6th of March I haven't said anything to anyone from Michigan. I'm still not doing very good, but it's better to act like I am. My mental health is everywhere, one day I'm on top of the world, the next I want to ignore the world and cry about everything. I haven't been drinking, my uncle said to lay off until we know who the rat is. I haven't been smoking or vaping either, but that's more for myself. I don't like how it makes me feel nowadays. My tattoos though, I've gotten a shit ton more, but I think I'm gonna take a break from that. My body is trying to fight off so much ink at once, it's making me sick. All the goddamn time. My uncle told me to go see a doctor to see what's up, but who am I to listen? Plus, like I said. I know what's causing it.

I will admit I am really missing Willow and Xander. They're my sunshine in the darkest of days. I want my sunshine back. And Kayson.. well he sends a white rose to me once a week, a note attached to every single one. 'You've got this.' It makes me smile, and then I remember what got me here. I'm heavily contradicting myself, because on one hand, he's all I've ever wanted in a relationship. On the other hand though, he just so turned out to be a liar. I love him, really, but I just don't want to put myself in another situation where he could hurt me again. I want to give myself time to see if we'll go back to each other when I'm ready. At this point, it's me against myself. I fight more with myself than I have with anyone else. I could care less though, I'm choosing the me that will win. Not the me that lets others control her happiness. In true Kayson fashion, 'I've got this.'

"You can stay home for today's business, you've made over eight million in the past twenty four hours. Take a day for yourself." I smile and take a sigh of relief as I set my coat back on the rack. "Thank you. I'll be in at six tomorrow morning. Love you." And then I hang up. I can't go for conversation today, I'm all out of my social battery. I lug myself onto the couch and decide to scroll my social media for a little bit before going to workout, dance, and box. Not sure what I'll end up doing today. "What the hell?" I scroll down a little to see Kayson's most recent post. The location above his picture is only an hour out from my own. I double tap the picture and move down a little more, seeing Xander's post with the same location. Then I take it upon myself to look at Willow's, just to see that she's with them. "These motherfuckers." I say to myself, picking a picture of myself to post. The picture being a full body picture I took of myself in my mirror. The dress exposing my fully tattooed leg, hiding the other tattoos on the other leg. I was dressed for one of the missions I had. It got the job done, but I hated how I felt in it. A post to my socials wouldn't hurt though, and this is the best one I've got.

About an hour after I post the picture my phone starts to ring. I ignore it, trying my hardest to focus on my workout. Just as I'm about to squat three hundred pounds, my phone rings for a second time. "Fucking hell." I place the weight back into its spot and walk to my phone. An unknown number is FaceTiming me, I assume it's Willow and decide to answer, and I was right. "How tall are you? What's your waist measurements? What size is your butt? And what size are your boobs?" Just as I'm processing her words, I hear Kayson answer to her questions in the background. Getting every. Single. One. Correct. "Woah. What the fuck are you doing?" She laughs loudly at my dumbfounded expression and her face completely straightens before she speaks. "The Gala is tomorrow. Did you forget that we're apart of this too? I mean hell, Kayson works for you, Davina." A Gala? For what? What the hell? "A Gala for what? This is the first I'm hearing of it." My nerves go down as I see both boys on either side of her, walking closely beside her. Like bodyguards.

"Bitch what!? It's for you. It's a day all about you. You know, THE MAFIA BOSS!?" My eyes go wide, trying to look closer at where she is. "Yea. Say it louder, Willow. Get us all arrested." Kayson mumbles under his breath, looking directly at me through the phone. "Willow. I love you, but SHUT THE HELL UP!" I yell loudly, my eyes still searching her surroundings. Kayson notices and decides to speak again. "We're at the boutique shop down the road from the grocery store. About an hour out from your town.. she's about to get you arrested. Say your goodbyes now, babe." Babe? Babe. Babe!? Why the fuck won't they just leave me alone. I'm steadily trying to get over this man, and he walks in this call and calls me babe? What the hell.