«45»

Davina's pov
                 September 4th, 1:00p.m.

I'm pretty sure I'm day dreaming, because here I am. Here he is. I'm being proposed to. By the first person I ever grew to love, outside of my fucked up family. I won't lie. I never saw this day coming for me. I thought for sure I'd be dead by at least sixteen. I thought when I lost him, that was it. I figured since he left once, he'd leave again. The only difference now, is he has a choice. He has complete control over what he does now.. and he's here. With me. He chose me and that baffles me. I can only assume that this could only end badly, because everything else has.. but right now? Nothing could go wrong. I've got everyone here. Everyone that matters anyway.. and that's more than I can say about any other point of my life. Being alone is the only thing that used to keep me comfortable. Then, I wandered into Willow's life, causing havoc in everyone's life immediately after. They love me though, and that's the best thing anyone could do now. Is love me, because I've never been loved by anyone but the people surrounding me in this very moment. And that? Gives me enough reason to want to be alive and not just live.

My heart is pounding when I see him get down on one knee. My eyes grow blurry when I hear Willow squeal happily. My lips form into a smile when Xander cheers obnoxiously loud. "I KNEW YOU BITCHES WOULD GET MARRIED! I CALLED THAT SHIT FEOM THE START!" Willow jumps up and down as she pulls her phone out and starts to take photos. I laugh quietly as I hear everything going on.. but my eyes are on his. His bright green eyes that are filled with nothing but love. His gaze is soft and sweet, his head is tilted, and his dimples are on display as he wears his beautiful smile. Time around us seems to be frozen. Xander gives him a ring box and he opens it up, displaying the gorgeous ring I've seen only once before. It's beautiful, it's silver, and it's simple. I love that he knows what I like. I love that he and Willow probably went and got this together. I love that Xander and I got to spend that time together whenever they did. I love everything about this moment. The ring. The people involved. I love it all. Especially the man kneeling before me. Even knowing who I am and what comes with me. He's kneeling before me and asking me to be his forever. No matter the obstacles of which we've encountered. He wants me.

"Davina Faye." He grins as he takes a hold of my hand. Placing a soft kiss along my knuckles. "I remember when we made a promise to never leave each other's sides. It was the year before I had no choice but to leave you. My mom, she said if it's something that is meant to be, it'll be. Though, I didn't understand it when I was young, I understand now. She said if you want something bad enough, to let it go. And if it comes back, it's yours forever. Now here we are.." I put a hand to my mouth and fight off the happy tears trying to fall. Him doing the same by the looks of it. "The moment I realized it was you was one of the best moments in my life. The moment I remembered everything we went through together, realizing that it didn't go to waste. It was at that moment that I knew I was keeping you forever. The same moment I felt like love wasn't just a word.. My mom would be thrilled to see such a thing. Me kneeling before you. She'd laugh in my face at the amount of times I rolled my eyes at your name. She would love to see how perfect this turned out.." His lip trembles at the mentions of his mother, but he smiles through every word. "She knew it was you from the start.. and I hope she's seeing this from wherever she is.. Davina. You are the love of my life, and I want nothing but you until my last breath." I hear sniffles behind me and beside me, but I pay attention to him and him only. "So with that being said.." He wraps an arm around my hips and pulls me closer. "Will you marry me?" His face is just an inch from my stomach, his glistening eyes still on mine.

I let out a mix of a laugh and a sob, taking a quick look at my best friends. Willow looks at me with a beautiful smile and tears falling down her face. She tilts her head and nods the slightest, her lips trembling as she moves next to Xander and snaps more pictures. Xander though? He looks like he's relieved. He looks happier than usual, but also like he may have been holding his breath for too long. He has tears streaming down his face, as if he knows something I don't. I turn my head back to Kayson whose eyes have not strayed away from me. And I nod, I say 'yes' repeatedly, I drop to my knees so our lips can meet. In this very moment is when I finally see a purpose in staying here. For our kids. For him. For us. For the two people standing next to us.. and to prove to everyone that I'm not the weak little girl I was before.