«49»

Kayson's pov
                  September 28, 12:00 p.m.
I think everything is just now starting to hit Davina. She just got him on hospice care, now all she does every hour of every day is worry about if he'll still be alive when she walks into the room. I worry too, but my weak moments last a couple hours at a time, then I'm back. Willow's not doing the hottest either, but she smiles for Xander. She falls to pieces like a child in Davina's arms every night. She lays in our bed every goddamn night and sleeps with us. I'm on one side, Davina gets the middle, and Willow curls up in Davina's arms on the other side. If it were under better circumstances I'd say it's kinda cute, the two of them. My only complaint is that maybe I want to curl into her arms sometimes damnit.. I won't complain though. They seem happy to see each other every morning. Up until they go give Xander his one piece of toast that he asks for and only takes two bites of. Then the day goes to shit.. and that's why we're here. At the beach. In the same spot I proposed to Davina. Well, she drove on her own. I'm only here because she left a few hours ago and hasn't answered her phone since.

"Davina?" I call out to her, hoping she'll hear me, but it's no use with the music she's got blasting from the car. "Darling, we've got to get to the office." I walk closer, while it rains, expecting her to notice my presence, and still being utterly disappointed. I walk up to her parked car, pull my hood over my head and sit on the hood of the car while I watch her dance. My favorite thing to do these days. She isn't dancing how she normally does though, it isn't as if she's angry. This is way different. She's dancing now, but now she looks like she's having fun. A smile plastered on her face, dimples creating beautiful lines on her cheeks, and an expression so relaxed that it almost is unrecognizable. Her eyes are closed and her face is pointed toward the clouded sky, and it's got to be the most enchanting thing to ever see from her.

As if it couldn't get any better, she starts to spin on one foot in the sand. I think it's called pirouette? I've heard her talk about it a few times, though I've never seen her her do it. Her hair whips around, flinging little water droplets from it. "You're so beautiful, darling." I whisper it under my breath, not wanting her to stop just to listen to me. The song she's dancing to sounds like something that'd be in an intense part of a fantasy movie, it just ties everything together. Only if there were a couple in said movie though. She goes from her spin and into a leap, landing on the sand in an almost angelic way. Then, in multiple quick movements, she stomps her foot in the sand, bends her body down, and whips her head back. Her hair flings back in a swift little swoosh, her arms spread wide and her body facing toward the sky. Angelic.

The song still plays though, I expect her to go on and finish through it like she always has, but she just stands there letting the posturing rain pound onto her already wet skin. I step off the hood of the car and walk up behind her, very slowly. "That was absolutely the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen, darling." I wrap my arms around her and place my hands flat on her belly. "But why did you stop so early?" She leans her head onto my chest in a relaxed way, her eyes now looking up at me. She smiles sweetly, interlacing her fingers with my own. "Dance with me, Kayson." She says it like it's all she wants in this big world. I look down and place a kiss on her forehead. "I can assure you, darling. You do not want to dance with my two left feet." She sighs heavily, still seeming to be out of breath. Her hands move mine from around her, and then she turns around to face me.

"You're right. I want to dance with you."  With our lips just an inch apart, she smiles at me. She grabs my hands and places them where she wants them, one on her waist, the other in my left hand. "Do you know how to two step? It's simple." She stares into my eyes like a child, with the caring glint in them. I look up at the sky to try and hide my smile from her, but she notices and starts to giggle. "Simplicity means nothing when you don't know the basics, darling." She looks down at my feet and then back up at me. "Follow my steps." She places her hands the same way mine are placed. "Left. Left. Right. Repeat." She looks up at me as we start slow on the movements, watching my facial expression as I try and focus. We do this for a little bit until I've got it down. Then, she looks back down at my feet and starts to instruct me again. "Don't ever pick up your right foot, let it slide. Make a big circle with our bodies every time you slide."