«48»

Davina's pov
                              11:00 p.m.

I feel like maybe.. just maybe this is a bit unnecessary. I'm at the hospital, but they refused to let me around a single person. I don't know if it was the blood all over me or if it was the fact that Kayson and Willow threatened everyone.. but they have me on a floor that looks more like a psych ward than a hospital, with not a single person within the entire floor other than the doctor and two nurses. This is the shittiest luxury I've ever had. I feel like royalty gone wrong. Like yes, please separate me from all of these other assholes.. but damn I'm not insane.

"Touch me and I'll cut off your fucking hand off." This was toward the doctor whose already tried to get this bullet out, and failed miserably. I'm in an immense amount of pain, and I only let that show in my anger. "Ma'am, I have to get this out. It could be laced and and end you and your kids lives." I whip my head around quickly to stare at Kayson who strictly told me I had no choice but to come here. I raise a fist to my forehead and flip him off, quickly trying to pull it off as scratching my head. "I hate literally everyone within a 100,000 mile radius right now. I could be fine with this bullet in my ribs." My breath hitches and i grip onto the crappy hospital mattress, feeling the doctor digging into my ribs. "We love you too, beautiful." Willow let's out a soft laugh, but doesn't make any move to come near me.

"Kayson. Come here right this very minu-OW YOU NUT FUCK!" I feel like my whole body is on fire, and suddenly I can't breathe. The machine that controls my heart rate and all that fun shit, goes nuts. I am almost positive I'm gonna have a heart attack and die right now, like I don't even know why this hurt so bad. I've gotten shot before, but they have always went in and made an exit.. that I'm aware of. I honestly really don't know. They normally have me knocked the fuck out for this part, not wide awake and in the mood for murder. I feel my chest tighten and my breath hitch, but my eyes blur in and out and I instantly can't see anything but the light above me. "I'm right here, darling." Kayson's voice soothes my mind, easing me out of my thoughts very slowly. "Come back to me, D." He keeps going, his voice pulling me back into reality, slowly but surely. "Focus your eyes on mine, baby. You're okay."

Immediately, my eyes focus on on the beautiful greens of his eyes. The dark green pulling me into another world. The light green making me feel safe. The mix of different greens pulling me into a world of peaceful, safe feeling forests. The world goes quiet and my only wish is that I could still hear Kayson's voice. I feel my hands squeeze tighter and my heart stutter, but my eyes don't move. "Davina." I suddenly hear the voice of the one person I've been missing all day.. but it isn't enough to pull me out of this spell I'm under. "Get out of it, D." I hear his voice again, my mind racing through the forest I'm stuck in. My heart races, my skin goes cold, my eyes burn, and my mind goes black. Nothing in sight. "Move, Kayson. You're freaking yourself out. This is just her body shutting out the pain." His voice is louder this time, but it's weaker. "Okay, my beautiful sister. I need you to come back to us."

Xander. I try to open my eyes, or maybe they're already open. It's still dark though. I start to get into my own head, freaking out a little more now that I can hear but can't move or see. "You can hear me, that's a plus." I hear the heart rate machine go crazy, letting out warnings that my heart is acting up. I suddenly feel the bullet lodged into my ribs way more than I did before. And it feels like it's killing me. It feels like it's laying on my lungs, causing me to not breathe the way I'd like to. "Punctured lung. It's lodged into her right lung." My whole body tensed at this revelation this doctor just fucking made, I'd say something but I'm struggling to breathe just a tad too much. "You're just realizing this? We've been here for an hour, doc." Willow's voice comes off angry, letting her cool facade die for a minute. "It just happened. She moved hardly an inch and it forced itself deeper." The doctor sounds scared, but not scared enough to call for help. "Xander?" I can't see. I can't move. I can only hear.. and speak. Hardly.