𝟎𝟏 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭

"𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓃 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝑒 , 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝒾𝓂𝓅𝓁𝓎 𝒷𝑒𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓉 "

🖤

"I don't need a fucking bodyguard!" I screamed in my mother's face as I felt my whole body shake with anger while she sat in front of me looking through documents completely calm.

"It doesn't matter what you want, Allyn. Sir Angelo has sent one of his most trusted men to protect you. We expect him to be here tomorrow at the latest" she replied calmly, sipping from her coffee, and avoiding my gaze.

"I don't care what Sir Angelo says!" I yelled back, stamping my foot and catching the eyes of our house cleaner "I don't need a fucking bodyguard to look after me."

My mother looked at me, taking a deep breath. Her deep blue eyes pierced into mine, cutting me in two. She left the documents on the desk in front of her.

Her eyes stopped at our house cleaner who was still listening to our conversation. After my mother gave her one cold stare she looked down immediately, leaving the room.

When it was just the two of us my mother turned her gaze to me, narrowing her dark blue eyes.

''Angelo is your future husband and you will speak to him with respect'' she replied in an even voice, walking around the desk and standing face to face with me ''Do you understand?'" She lifted her brows waiting for my answer.

Just the thought of that makes me sick to my stomach. I don't want to do this. I don't want to marry this man.

I still don't understand how my mother threw me so easily into the arms of one of the most arrogant and heartless men to walk this Earth without even thinking about it.

I don't know this man well enough, I have seen him a couple of times but I've heard stories about him. Stories that make my body shiver but not in a good way.

"I don't want to marry him" I barely whispered, shaking my head, feeling my eyes water.

Wasn't the loss of my father enough torture for me that now I have to marry this arrogant pig?

That means it's all over. I'll be his and I won't be able to marry a man by my choice because I love him. That opportunity is taken away from me with this fucking arranged marriage.

"I know sweetheart..." she replied softly wiping away the tear that fell down my face but her words felt insincere and her hands cold on my skin "But you have to do it for the good of our family"

"For your sake, not for our family" I mumbled to myself but she heard me, clenching her jaw, and without thinking she slapped me across my face, causing me to turn my head to the side and grab the spot on my cheek that was burning.

Tears kept falling one after another. I feel so fucking helpless right now and I hate that.

"You were promised to Angelo long before you turned 18. You are already 20 years old and it is good until you turn 21 to accept your fate and learn to enjoy the opportunities that open before you with this marriage "

Opportunities? More like a prison.

"If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at your father because he signed this contract with the King family, not me" she hissed back at me before pulling away slightly allowing me to catch my breath.