𝟏𝟒 || 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟

"𝐿𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒶𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝓁𝑒 𝐼'𝓂 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒶𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝓁𝑒 𝐼 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓁"

🖤

MADDOX POV:

'"Maddox are you listening to me?" my father's deep voice coming from the other side of the phone brought me back to reality as I stared through the window into the Delgado family garden where Lydia and Allyn were laying on the grass, talking and laughing.

I cursed myself for watching them, like some fucking stalker. I shook my head, moving away from the window to avoid further distractions as I moved my whole attention to my annoying father still waiting for me to speak.

"Yes, father" I replied flatly, running a hand through my hair.

I can't believe how a fucking girl manages to shake my thoughts to such an extent. That's not me.

"He's messing with our family" he continued boring me to death "Show him why no one dares to fuck with us"

I sighed, wanting this conversation to end "I know what to do" I replied in an even voice, putting my gun in the cabinet next to the table in my room.

"Make it painful" he added, a smug note in his voice

I rolled my eyes "As always, father" I relaxed in the chair taking a deep breath "I'll do my job but I'm not sure about Angelo"

''What about Angelo?''

"The meeting in Italy" I replied simply, playing with the ring on my hand that was a symbol of our family "Why do you let him take Allyn with him?" I can't help but bring that up and I immediately felt like an idiot

A few seconds of painful silence followed, during which I could only hear my father's deep breathing, and this made me even more nervous without understanding why.

''It's not your concern Maddox'' he stated simply making me clench my jaw ''Just do your job''

"It's dangerous and risky" I added with anger in my voice

"Leave this to me" he cut me off in a cold impatient voice "She's none of your business"

My body tensed, my blood boiled and I felt myself clenching my hand into a fist. I hated feeling defeated and powerless, and right now, having this conversation with Martin, that's exactly how I felt.

"You wanted me to keep her safe" I drawled slowly, feeling my breathing quicken, and on the other side of the phone I heard a deep cold laugh

"Yeah, because the little bitch is worth more than she deserves" he drawled and I closed my eyes for a second, ignoring the urge to break his neck

"Why?" I spit out almost instantly without even thinking, causing me to hold my breath while waiting for his answer. Why is she so important to my father?

"As I said, it's none of your business Maddox" he said, his voice impatient and cold "Do as I say and don't ask questions"

And then he hung up the phone.

I hit the table with my hands imaging my father's face instead, feeling all the anger building up in my body. I hate when he does that.

He sends me to do his dirty work and at the same time, I haven't earned his trust enough to know what the hell is going on and why Allyn is so important to our family.