𝟓𝟎 || 𝐀 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞

ALLYN POV:

It feels like war.

The air in this abandoned building is limited or that's how I feel it, suffocating looking around the dark place. And although it's a warm night outside, in this abandoned building the temperature dropped to minus degrees.

My gaze wandered around all the men dressed in black surrounding us, all with their weapons out, waiting for a signal from their leader and my lover - Maddox King.

Unlike me, Maddox was visibly calm, his gaze relaxed, his face expressionless. His hands were tucked into his trouser pockets, his dark dead eyes fixed on the man on the other side of the field surrounded by his soldiers. My father- Mikael Romano.

My father's gaze was locked on me, his jaw clenching. His eyes were murderous, merciless and cold as ice. If it was possible to kill somebody with your eyes, he would have killed all of Maddox's men with him alone, showing no mercy.

Seeing me standing next to Maddox, must be bitter to him. I mean of course it is, it was written on his damn face. His men also had their weapons out, ready to fire if necessary.

But still, I tried to stay confident with my head held hide even when I knew I was terrified. I moved closer to Maddox. His shoulder touched mine and that gave me strength. This action of mine did not go unnoticed by Mikael, his eyes darkened.

''Maddox King''  Mikael dragged out the first words, breaking the silence with his cold voice acknowledging his presence "It's such a pleasure to see you again" he lied with a disgusted voice and sarcastic smile on his face.

''Although I have to admit I liked you better beaten and colored with your own blood '' my father added, stepping forward in front of his men, causing Maddox's soldiers to step forward as well, raising their weapons.

Everyone had their gun out pointed to the enemy. Men against men. Guns against guns. Blood against blood.

Maddox and Mikael were the only men with no weapons in their hands. They just stared at each other like two lions ready to tear each other apart.

''I bet you do,Mikael''Maddox fired back, his voice deep and cold. The smile on Mikael's face got bigger. "Where's my sister?"

"You are in no position to ask questions, King" Mikael hissed at him taking another step forward followed by his men "Not after you started it all, by taking my daughter away from me"

I switched my gaze between Maddox and Mikael, waiting for them to tear each other apart at any moment. The temperature in the building dropped another ten degrees.

"Bring me Lydia alive and I will be generous enough to forget about your foolish actions and spare your miserable life" Maddox's voice was calm and even, yet so cold, piercing the silence of the evening. "Believe it or not, we're on the same side Mikael"

''Are we?'' Mikael replied with a sneer, scrunching up his face "I'm afraid we are not"

''You want my father dead, I want the same thing'' Maddox took a step forward, standing in front of his men like a true leader. I instinctively took a step forward to be by his side. Maddox looked down at me, his eyes full of spark I couldn't read, but decided to say nothing.

"That's where you're wrong, King" Mikael muttered shaking his head, his gaze darkening and my whole body froze "I want you dead"

Seconds later the silence was broken by the sound of guns being loaded. Mikael drew his gun out, but before he could even point it at Maddox, I took a step forward standing in front of Maddox, protecting him with my body.