𝟓𝟕 || 𝐌𝐲 𝐎𝐰𝐧 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞

ALLYN POV:

I hate hospitals. There's something about those buildings, painted in dirty white walls, that makes me not want to set foot in them. I don't like the sight of dying people in their hospital beds or the not-so-sincere faces of the doctors who most likely doesn't give a shit if you're going to live or die.

When the time comes, I want to give birth at home and that's something I've talked with Maddox many times. I don't even want to think about stepping into a hospital to give birth to my child. Maddox's team of doctors is one of the best in their profession, I trust them fully. Besides they know that one wrong step and they will meet with Maddox's not-so-nice side, something everybody else is trying to avoid.

But in the past weeks, I had to spend a lot of my time in this white-painted hospital, only because my father decided to be a thorn in the ass and receive treatment here, instead of at home with me, where I can watch him constantly.

He is saying that he has ruined my life enough in the last months and he doesn't want to do it now too. This is complete nonsense if you ask me.

I want to take care of him, but I can't win against him in this battle. Let's not forget that this is Mikael Romano after all.

"Please, daughter, stop looking at me like I'm going to die" Mikael tried to joke, but I didn't laugh. The damage on him was so big with Maddox handwriting all over his body. He is healing but it will take time. Broken ribs, broken leg, broken arm, broken nose- just a small part of the damages on Mikael. It will take him a long time to regain his full health, and yet he still finds the strength to smile at me as I hold his hand in mine.

"I'm sorry, you just look awful"

He laughed, resting his head on the pillow. His beard had grown quite a bit more than usual and right now he just looked like a nice old man rather than a cold-blooded mob killer.

"Don't make fun of your old man"

"You know you can always come home with me" I tried again and he sighed visibly tired of hearing the same thing every time I visited him "You'll be better in no time"

"I'll get better here too, Allyn. We've already talked about it" I pursed my lips into a straight line, letting another refusal shut me up "Besides, I have people here at my disposal 24/7. What I don't like is that there are too many guards in front of the room''

"Maddox's orders" I replied "He wants to know you are safe" Mikael stared at me for more than a few seconds, allowing a big warm smile to settle on his face.

"This man loves you so much " his words made my cheeks turn red and my lips curl into a smile like a teenage girl

''And I love him''

"I know" he laughed more to himself, gently squeezing my hand "It's written all over your face. You are glowing, Allyn. That's exactly what you deserve."

His words tasted like victory. Sadly, we had to go through all this to get here, but I guess it was meant to be the hard way. At the end of the day, I go home to the love of my life in our home and fall asleep in our bed with his arms around me. I win and I don't complain.

''My people left something for you, it's on the table'' Mikael brought me back to reality, gesturing with his look to the nearby table at the corner of the hospital room. I looked at it and my focus fell on the only thing I could see on this table besides a bottle of water. A black folder.