𝟒𝟖 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

MADDOX POV:

"You're fucking crazy if you think I'd support you on this, brother"

Lydia's colorful eyes met mine from across the table, drawing the attention of all the men lined up around the table. My most loyal soldiers, people I trust with my life.

Lydia's presence in this meeting was her personal choice and I know why she insisted on being here. I can tell she wasn't very pleased when she found out how I sent Angelo back to our father. He may have a broken rib..or two. Broken nose, beaten face. Minimal damages, but enough to send a message to my dearest father, wherever he's hiding now.

I am not a man who prides himself on great self-control, and right now my little sister is stepping over the line, allowing herself to hold such a tone to me in front of my men.

I rested my hand on the handle of the chair, scratching my beard, letting my rings scrape my skin as I looked at my sister with narrowed eyes.

"Feel free to leave the meeting, Lydia" I mumbled, relaxing in the chair as she stared at me with her cold eyes, her white hair falling in front of her face "The decision to attend was yours"

"You realize this is madness, right?" she hissed at me like a snake, the gazes of the men around us shifting from her to me "You want to kill our father?"

"Yes" I didn't even think twice before answering.

It's ridiculous that she's trying to protect him after all the shits he put us through. Another proof that despite being one of the most dangerous assassins in this fucking world, she's still weak, letting her feelings get in the way.

"And for what? All of this for a used pussy?" She spat out in a voice full of malice "That whore doesn't deserve the war that started because of her"

"Choose your words more carefully in my presence Lydia, because the next time you allow yourself to disrespect my girlfriend, I will cut your throat along with your vocal cords to make sure you will never do this again ''

Silence filled the room, the temperature dropped sharply, and the tension between me and Lydia could be felt in the air. She should be grateful that she's still alive, another person in her place would not be so lucky. Not after disrespecting Allyn.

"Girlfriend?" she laughed, shaking her head "So she's your girlfriend now?"

''Yes''

This word always tasted forbidden on my tongue but not when it comes to Allyn. She was mine from the moment she kissed me for the first time, I was just dumb and stubborn enough to never admit it out loud. I was fucking terrified by the way this girl made me feel. But not anymore.

It's fucking funny because I never thought about keeping a woman longer than one night. I've never had the desire to even look at a woman after I'm done with her, let alone fuck her again or let her touch me. That thought always disgusted me.

But with Allyn, it's different. She's different and I knew it from the moment I laid my eyes on her, for God Sake. She has me wrapped around her little finger and I would do anything for her. For the first time in my miserable life, I want to keep someone. I want to keep her. She's the only happiness I have in my grey life.

I returned my gaze to Lydia, waiting for her to speak.

"I helped you when you asked for help to get her out of Mikael's mansion, only because I owed it to her after she helped me save you" Her voice was low and cold, sending invisible daggers in my direction with her colorful eyes "But this is fucking crazy. Wanting to kill our family is crazy and I won't be a part of it.''