𝟒𝟏 || 𝐖𝐚𝐫 𝐈𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

"𝙸 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚎𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙽𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜 "

🖤

ALLYN POV:

"Should I expect your people to jump out of nowhere and kill me?" Lydia curled her lips into a greasy smile, her gaze darting around, expecting something to happen, but remained calm.

She doesn't trust me and that's fine, I don't expect her to do it. I would even say that she is a little bit naive to come here on my territory so easily, but that only proves the loyalty she has for her family. She's risking her life to save her brother, I admire her for that.

But still, here hidden in the depths of the forest, surrounded only by trees it was only me and her. I stayed true to my words coming here alone.

Maybe I'm stupid too, meeting one of the greatest assassins in private, knowing that she probably hates me after every I've done. Our "friendship" is long gone and forgotten, I'm sure and I don't blame her for that though, I deserve it.

Lydia was keeping her distance from me, her hand staying close to her gun, ready to take it out at any moment and shoot me, if necessary. I know she wouldn't even blink doing it, but somehow I wasn't scared. The reason I'm risking my life too is much more important.

"I can do it myself, I don't need my father's dogs to do it for me" I said, and she laughed, her eyes lit up with a mocking note. That was a lie. She was probably going to end my life before I even had the chance to reach for my gun.

''You're starting to look more and more like your father, I see'' she muttered, her eyes sliding over my body with disgust on her face.

"If I looked anything like my father, you'd be dead by now" I fired back, closing her big mouth as I did so. She clenched her jaw.

The distance between us spoke volumes about the mistrust we feel towards each other. Once friends, now enemies. Ironic, isn't it?

She bit her tongue, stopping herself from saying what she wanted to say. It wasn't something good I'm sure of that.

"I'm only here because I read my brother's name written in the pathetic letter addressed to me" she spoke, her blue eyes darkening, making her look even scarier with her white hair pulled back in a high ponytail. Her words were full of malice, her face cold and her body ready to fight me. But I'm not here to fight, I'm here for Maddox.

I nodded, keeping my tongue behind my teeth, keeping the good tone. We're both here wanting the same thing. That's something I needed to keep reminding myself.

I held the folder in my hands, clutching it tightly, knowing that I was probably making the biggest mistake, being the stupidest person to do what I was about to do.

But still, my heart and my feelings were stronger than my mind, and I threw the folder in Lydia's feet. That enough is showing that I'm not a real Romano and I'll never be. I'm not as heartless and cruel as I need to be. My feelings were too freaking strong silencing everything else.

She followed the folder with her gaze, narrowing her eyes before looking up at me with a raised eyebrow, waiting for me to speak.

I swallowed my ego and pride, knowing I was making the biggest mistake. But still, I did it. All for Maddox.