𝟑𝟖 || 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐈𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞𝐬

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚒𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚘 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢. "

🖤

"Looks like all the stories I've heard about Maddox King are true" Daphne said the second she entered the living room "He is devilishly handsome even though he's scary as hell"

I didn't even bother to look at her, I kept my eyes locked on my laptop, looking through files. The last thing I want her to see is the displeasure written on my face, just because she mentioned Maddox. Not only mentioned, but she also said he's handsome. I don't like knowing other girls find him attractive even though it's pretty obvious they do. He's not hard to fall for.

But I kept my mouth shut, trying to erase her words from my memory. Daphne is the closest thing to a friend I have here. She was the only person I felt comfortable around here and we clicked up pretty quickly. My father hired her to be my right hand shortly after my "rescue " so she was around me most of the time, but our friendship is mostly professional, I've never shared with her anything about my stay with the King Family no matter how many times she asked me about it, I still kept it to myself. I kept Maddox to myself. My dirty little secret.

Of course, she's going to find Maddox an attractive man —that's because he is. He's the most attractive man I have ever seen. I just don't want to know my so-called "friend " think the same thing.

I don't know why but I can feel jealousy building in my body, just thinking about her with Maddox.

Daphne is beautiful, breathtaking even. She's 21 years old and a natural redhead, tall with a beautiful body and a baby face but with a mind of an assassin. She's a deadly weapon. She seems just like Maddox's type and I hate that even more.

"Do you think your dad would be mad if I fuck him?" She spoke again after some time, her words made me choke on my saliva, bringing my attention to her "I'm just asking"

"I don't think sleeping with the enemy is the best idea, Daphne." The words came out harsher from my mouth than needed and it felt wrong even talking about this.

Her and Maddox, fucking. Oh My God that's the last thing I want to have inked in my mind but seems like it will haunt me from now on.

She sighed, visibly disappointed by my answer. Just the thought of Daphne touching Maddox made me sick.

"Do you think he will agree to cooperate?" she asked again, changing the subject "It's been days"

It's been days since I last saw him. But she doesn't need to know that.

I wanted to go back down there and just be in his presence but I know that's the last thing he will want. Since our last conversation, every time I close my eyes I see his deadly black eyes piercing me, his words on repeat, haunting me. Maybe I deserve it. Maybe I deserve him to hate me.

"I don't know" I replied sincerely "I hope so"

''He looks better now than the first day I went down to bring him food" she mumbled, sitting on the chair next to me and that got my attention. Why is she the one bringing him food? "It seems like your father had enough torturing him" she said, sipping from her drink.