𝟐𝟎 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

"𝒮𝒽𝑒'𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶 𝒹𝓇𝓊𝑔 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼'𝓂 𝒹𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒽𝑒𝓇"

🖤

''You are stunning'' Lydia exclaimed excitedly as I looked at myself in the mirror, feeling my face sink into my heels, knowing that in a few minutes, I would have to face people I never met before to celebrate my engagement party - something I don't even want to be a part of.

''Don't you think it's too much?" I asked, looking at the too-deep neckline of the dress that outlined my body.

"No" she replied almost immediately "You look hot girl. My brother would love this dress on you" she laughed, while I was still looking at myself in the mirror taking a deep breath of air

It's now or never.

"Let's go, everyone is waiting for you" Lydia took my hand leading me to the stairs to the first floor of the mansion.

The sound of my heels meeting the ground echoed through the space, stabbing me like blades with every step I make.

For most girls, this is one of the happiest days of their lives, sharing it with their loved ones.

I guess this would be the case for me too, if I got engaged to a person I want, and not someone my parents promised me to.

Lydia squeezed my hand encouragingly as we walked down the stairs. My heart is beating faster, seeing so many unfamiliar faces staring at me.

I put one of the best fake smiles on my face as I walked down the stairs, hearing the exclamations and compliments of people I don't even know.

"She's stunning "

"She's beautiful "

"That's the perfect match for Angelo"

I can hear so many voices, coming from everywhere in the room even though they were trying to whisper but clearly not good enough.

My gaze landed on Angelo, who was waiting for me at the end of the stairs, with a big smile on his face, looking at me like he was seeing me for the first time.

But my focus shifted to the person standing behind him - Maddox, who had an expressionless face and a familiar cold gaze fixed on me.

I didn't want to drown my eyes in him, but that was freaking impossible.

Even though I knew Angelo was there watching me, I was looking for Maddox with my eyes and I hated myself for it.