𝟒𝟗 || 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐈𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐓𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

" 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚛𝚞𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜"

🖤

ALLYN POV:

What is love? I remember asking my father or the man I thought was my father this question quite often when I was little.

His answer was that love is different for every person in this world. For him, love is me and Alicent.

"One day you'll meet someone who will turn your world upside down. A person who will see how special you are and will make you feel these butterflies in your stomach. Then you will feel this kind of love I feel towards your mother"

Well, I thought his words are full of bullshit. Especially after his death and after I found out about the contract with The Kings. How can he say he wants me to find love and then give my hand away in an arranged marriage to a man I can never love? Make it make sense.

Turn out I never really knew this person and still I loved him deeply like a real daughter loves her father. I forgive him for everything. I had to do it to make peace with myself.

And now at least I know what he meant with his words. What love truly feels like. He was right for this one.

And I'm happy - carefree, sincere, truly happy.

The world can burn down in ashes, I don't care as long as I have Maddox by my side.

And even though everything in our lives is one freaking mess right now, we still have each other and that's enough. Every time he holds me I can close my eyes and relax, pretending like everything is fine. Because we are together in this and that's all that matters to me.

It's been over 2 weeks since I've been here with Maddox and still no word from my father. It's too good to be true, It feels like calm before storm. I can't shake the bad feeling I have inside me. Like something bad is coming our way.

It's not a secret to anyone that my father despises Maddox. If it was up to Mikael, he would probably have Maddox's head hanging on the wall like a trophy by now. Not just because he's a King, but also because he knows just how important Maddox is to me.

Mikael never said it out loud but I know he knows just how much I care about Maddox and he hated him even more because of that. I'm sure that the wounds Maddox suffered were the price he had to pay because of this. Mikael wants him dead as much as I want him alive.

Because for me, Maddox King is the man I love.

It's ridiculous because If you take me back to the day I saw Maddox for the first time, standing in my house like he owned it and someone told me that this is the man I'm going to fall in love with I was going to laugh straight at his face.

My bodyguard, the brother of the man I was promised to. The most cruel man I have ever met.

But now I can say that my love for Maddox King is the most genuine, sincere, and powerful thing I have ever felt in my entire existence.

But every time I try to say those three words to him, I just can't. Words get stuck in my throat and I can't fucking do it. I fear I will never hear it back from him.