𝟑𝟓 || 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥'𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬

"𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘶𝘦. 𝘍𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘮𝘦"

🖤

ALLYN POV:

After the meeting ended I was finally able to take a deep breath. I feel like I was holding it back for the last three hours. The anxiety was crushing my body but still, I'm satisfied because I got what I came for. My family got the changes in the code law, just as we wanted.

I told my bodyguards to leave the room and wait for me outside. I didn't want them to be here with me in the first place, because I know that probably makes me look weak in the eyes of all these brutal men, but it was my father's order if I wanted to represent our family at this meeting. I've been preparing for this for too long to say no, so I played by his rules.

However, I was not prepared for seeing Maddox at this meeting. I knew that this day will come and I planned everything to the last detail when I see him again, but somehow Maddox always finds a way to shatter all of my fucking plans. Not in a good way.

I thought I'd feel pure hatred when I see him again. After his betrayal, after what his family did to me all I can think about was how much I want them to suffer, begging me for mercy. That's all I fucking wanted to move on with my life.

But I didn't expect my heart to pound so hard against my chest, almost skipping a beat the moment his deadly black eyes landed on me. The whole room was staring at me but somehow only his eyes mattered. Only his gaze was able to make my whole body burn and feel something that I thought was dead months ago.

How am I supposed to hate him when my heart sinks the moment I look at him? My brain knows, but my heart doesn't want to follow.

It was so hard for me to speak for 3 hours trapped in the same room as him, hiding my emotions behind a trembling voice. I could feel his gaze fixed on me the whole time and I swear it was the longest 3 hours of my life. I felt so exposed, so hot under his gaze.

Even though the meeting was successful, deep inside I feel like a loser because I knew that my heart still aches for someone who should have been dead to me a long time ago.

All the men left the room, not giving me a second glance. Only Maddox was still sitting in his chair, and although I wasn't looking at him, I could feel his gaze
glued on me.

I gathered my things with shaking hands, trying to act unbothered by his presence, but the moment I headed towards the door and he grabbed my hand while still sitting in the chair, my whole soul collapsed and my body shivered, his touch sending chills down my spine. A touch I once loved, and craved - now it feels so distant on my skin.

"It's not polite to walk past people like that" he muttered in a low voice, our eyes locked. I saw him looking down at my body, my skin burning from the attention he was giving me. A grin appeared on his dark face before returning his gaze to my face, satisfied.

''We have nothing to say to each other''

"Oh, but I think we have."

"You can't think"

"Ouch" he faked a hurt grimace before his famous grin appeared on his devilish face hidden behind his black messy hair "Right in my feelings"