𝟎𝟑 || 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

"𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒶𝓉 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃. 𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝒾𝒹... 𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝒶𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑒𝓋𝒾𝓁"

🖤

I remember when I was little I couldn't wait to grow up.

I was waiting for the day when I would grow up and be able to make my own decisions about my life and be independent.

Little did I know.

And now that I'm older, besides the fact that I don't
make my own decisions about my life, I also have a fucking bodyguard who follows me around like I'm a little kid.

Maddox is following me around since we left my house this morning. If I take one step, he does too.

As handsome as he is-that's fucking annoying.

And he is too damn handsome.

Today he was wearing a black tight shirt, outlining every muscle on his body, black pants and he covered his eyes with black sunglasses.

Trust me, I'm not the only one drooling over him.

Tamara and the girls at the shelter swallowed their grammar when they saw him, but he showed not the slightest interest in even looking at them.

He stood closely behind me, with his arms crossed over his chest, watching my every little move.

I couldn't see the look on his face, but I'm sure he doesn't like being here surrounded by so many girls and so many dogs.

Especially the dog part. He just doesn't look like an animal lover to me. He seems too heartless for that.

After we fed all the dogs, fixed the beds where they sleep, and let them play in the large outdoor space of the shelter, I just sat and watched them with a smile.

This is probably my favorite part of the day. After doing my job, I just love to sit down and look at them being happy.

Tamara and the girls left me alone with the dogs because they had to meet with people who were willing to adopt some of the dogs, and I was left with the task of watching over them. Not that I mind.

"You really like dogs, huh?" I heard Maddox's low voice cut through the silence bringing me back to reality. He was standing right next to me, hands in his pockets, looking down at me, but I couldn't see much of his face because he was still wearing sunglasses.

"I love them" I nodded with a big smile on my face. I could just feel that my face was glowing with happiness.

"I have never met someone who loves animals that much" he continued, his lips pursed into a straight line. He talked like it was something strange.

I looked up at him, raising my eyebrows "I'm not surprised. You work for Angelo, and I doubt he knows this kind of people" I faked a smile.

I saw him clench his jaw and his body tensed "I don't work for Angelo" he snapped quickly like this left a bad taste in his mouth.

His voice was so dark and cold when he said those words. Like that's the last thing he wanted to hear. Hmm weird.