𝟓𝟔 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

MADDOX POV:

''Good to see you again, brother'' Angelo smiled at me across from his desk and I immediately regretted my decision to come here at all. "Although I have to admit I didn't expect you to contact me so soon"

''You wanted to talk, so talk'' I interrupted him impatiently, leaning on the couch opposite him ''Or I can just leave''

''Always the grumpy Maddox, I see'' Angelo muttered, no longer looking so happy to see me, leaning his hands on the desk. "I'll tell Allyn to work harder to change that."

I looked around his office looking so empty with just me and him in it. This time there were no guards with him in the room, they were at the front door, which meant that if he continued to test my patience, I would have enough time to break his neck in two before his guards even had the time to react.

The only reason I'm here now, and not at home with Allyn, is that I gave him my word that I would have this conversation with him, and I always keep my word. He saved Allyn from Milael's men and for that, I owe him my life. That's the only reason why Angelo is still standing in front of me smiling like an idiot.

Still, I wanted it all to end faster so I could go home to my woman, who was probably waiting for me snuggled up on the couch, watching some stupid movie and eating some ridiculous flavored ice cream mix. I catch myself smiling just thinking about her. I'm down bad for this woman.

More than a week has passed since the incident with Mikael, and even with a  lot of damage to himself, the old man is recovering slowly and surely. When I last saw him he was barely breathing soaked in his own blood and now he was doing a great job in recovery in the hospital. Allyn is happy, which means I'm happy as well.

For her to be closer to the hospital where Mikael is recovering, I bought an apartment in a luxury building in Seattle under her name. She objected of course, but this was not up for discussion anyway. She said that I spoil her too much, so fucking be it, she deserves it. A stupid apartment is the least I'm ready to spend my money on for her.

Allyn fell in love with the apartment and quickly set a task of decorating it to her liking, her time was filled with decorating the rooms and thanks to my girlfriend these lonely walls quickly started to look like a real home.

Our home. A brand-new start for the three of us.

"Talk Angelo" I sighed returning my attention to my brother "I don't have all day"

''Straight to business, I guess'' he muttered again not very pleased, and I spread my arms on the couch waiting for him to speak again ''You know that after the death of our father, the King family is left without a leader''

"I'm familiar with that" I could already feel where this conversation was going.

"And as his older son, I'm his heir " Angelo said in an unpleasant voice, I nodded. Angelo certainly doesn't have the necessary qualities to be a leader, but even so, he would do a better job than Martin.

"And you invited me here to ask for my blessing?" I said, my lips curling into a grin. I find this situation ridiculous. If Angelo thinks I will disagree with his legal right as an heir, then he doesn't know me well enough. I don't give a single fuck about this shit, the only thing I care about is my family waiting for me at home.

"No" he quickly cut me off and I raised my brow waiting for him to continue "I invited you here to get your consent to take my place as an heir"