𝟒𝟓|| 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞

"𝙾𝚑 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞"

🖤

MADDOX POV:

"You're one dumb motherfucker, Maddox" Angelo tried to laugh but it was interrupted by a wince full of pain causing him to hiss "Our father will never forgive you for betraying your blood, your fucking family''

"Family?" it was my turn to laugh.

Did my brother really try to earn empathy from me by using the so-called family against me? I laughed in his face even more now. He's the dumb motherfucker here if he thinks I have empathy left in me. That fucking ship sailed a long time ago.

Family? The more I think about this word, the more I conclude that I don't even know what it means.

My father sent me away when I was just a fucking kid, little and innocent. He put blood on my hands by the age of 15. My innocence was ripped away from me the moment I pulled the trigger, killing innocent people because my father ordered it. He turned me into a killer,l and by the age of 19, I was a loaded weapon, no emotions, no feelings- nothing. I never played with toys, with friends. I only played with knives and guns. He turned me into one of his pawns in his sick games. Family comes first. Those are the words he used every time he made me do something bad and somehow along the way, I believed him that I have to do this to protect our family.

My brother was the perfect son, everything my father ever wanted. Angelo was his favorite, never asked questions, never raised his voice at him, and just did everything my father wanted from him. That's why he lived a public life, representing our family, while I was hidden in the shadows doing their dirty work. My brother was willing to betray me if that's what my sick father ordered him to do.

My sister. Well, I can't say much about Lydia. She, just like me, was torn away at a young age, forcibly becoming a merciless killer, a cold-blooded weapon. We are not close, we are not normal brothers and sisters, because we don't know each other thanks to our father. Still, I owe her a lot, she saved my life.

My real mother. Well, I don't know her - she's dead. My father and his people have taken care of this as soon as Lydia was born. My father doesn't talk about her, but the rumors were painful enough to make me dig deeper and find the ugly truth. They got rid of her the moment she threatened to leave him and tell the world how he earns his millions. He murdered her to save his ass.

And Angelo has the fucking nerve to sit in front of me and talk about family? This is the last word that describes us.

"You can make this easier for you, brother" I spoke and I could feel his gaze fixed on me as well as Allyn's. I bet she's so confused. "You can answer my questions and in return, I'll be generous enough to let you live" For now.

He stayed dead silent, so I took this as an invitation.

I lowered, my eyes meeting his on the same level. I can see how much he despises me right now. And he should be, because I won't let him leave this room before I have my fun. We will see if he will get out of here dead or alive.

"Since you like to talk about family, I'll ask you a simple question and I expect a simple answer" I said through gritted teeth, my blood already boiling as I looked at his confident face nodding towards me. Fucking idiot.