𝟑𝟔 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐞

"𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘭 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳.𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘧𝘪𝘦𝘥 , 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘰 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳"

🖤

ALLYN POV:

Feelings are weakness. The more Mikael repeated these words to me during my training in the past few months, the more I began to believe it.

I liked the ability to be able to shut off all my feelings, lock them in a tiny little box deep down in me. Nothing can hurt or surprise me, nothing can catch me off guard.

And I was doing so damn well, everything was going according to plan, until I saw those black deadly eyes again. Until I saw Maddox.

For months, my hatred and antipathy grew toward his family. I was feeding the best deep inside me, turning it into a weapon with which I want to destroy them. I want to hurt them, I want to see them beg for mercy. They deserve it.

But instead, I was begging Maddox to make me come, with my legs wrapped around his head, rubbing my pussy against his mouth like a pathetic whore.

And he did it. He made me come so hard, the hardest I did in months. For a moment, while his mouth was down on me and he was between my legs, I forgot about everything and I let my guard down. Weak and vulnerable, that's how I felt.

He doesn't deserve the control he has over my body. He doesn't deserve the control he still has over me. Not after everything he did to me.

But here I am sitting outside his hotel room, clutching the little piece of paper with the address he gave me, cursing myself. I was astonished to find that the room was not guarded as usual, but sometimes I forget we are talking about Maddox here. He's the last person who needs someone to protect him. That makes everything easier for me, almost.

I knocked on the door and just a few seconds later he opened faster than I expected, as if he had been waiting for me all day by this door.

As soon as the door opened and his gaze landed on me, his lips curled up into a slight grin, inviting me to enter the devil's lair by moving to the side. And that's what I did.

"I thought I won't see you despite my invitation " I heard his hoarse voice behind me as I looked around the dark room with a large king-size bed in the middle and a huge window with a view of the city from above right in front of me. Cute.

"Thinking is not something you're good at" I fired back, turning to find him with his arms crossed over his chest, his muscles showing through his white t-shirt.

He wasn't in a suit now, but a regular T-shirt and shorts. There was a playful smile on his lips and my attention stayed longer than I wanted on them. And his hair, God his black hair was messy almost hiding his dark beautiful face.

Allyn, concentrate.

"I can name a few things I'm good at tho" his grin grew even bigger, watching my face burn up. I know what he wanted to say and I hate that he's right.