𝟎𝟕 || 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝

"𝐻𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀 𝒻𝒶𝒾𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒶𝓁𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝓌𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒻𝒶𝓃𝓉𝒶𝓈𝓎. 𝒯𝑜𝑔𝑒𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓂𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝓈𝒾𝓃𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝓂𝒶𝑔𝒾𝒸."

🖤

"Allyn, we've arrived" I heard Angelo's voice interrupting my peace.

I just nodded, looking out the car window and seeing a huge white house in front of me, and at least 7 men with black suits and expressionless faces lined up in front of the big gates.

One of them opened the car door, and Angelo got out first, waiting for me.

What a true gentleman.

Note my sarcasm.

"Miss Delgado" one of the men greeted me with the same expressionless look and face, nodding in my direction.

Why the hell all the people who have anything to do with this fucking family are so dark and emotionless? Is that some sort of "must have" if you want to work for them?

I should have guessed from the start that Maddox was part of this family. It was written all over his fucking handsome face, but I just ignored all the signs.

Because it was the unknown in him that was drawing me. From the start, he was a hot walking mystery I wanted to solve so fucking bad. I wanted to look deep down at him behind this mask he has on, behind this emotionless facade he was putting on every damn time he was near me.

I wanted to touch him and not in a romantic way. I just wanted to seduce and conquer every part of his muscular body.

I wanted to fuck him, okay? And there's nothing worse for a woman's ego than being rejected by a man you wanted first. Because that's exactly what Maddox did. He rejected me.

And then, he just disappeared. Since Angelo's arrival, I haven't seen his face.

To be honest, I hadn't seen Angelo the last 2 days either, because I was always in my room since his arrival.

But all good things must come to an end and just like that this morning my mother burst into my room saying that I have to pack my things because I was leaving with Angelo for Seattle, where his main residence is located.

I didn't even have time to say goodbye to Tamara, the girls, and the shelter. I had to leave behind everything I love and everything that makes me happy but that's what my "future husband " wants.

I felt so helpless in this situation.

And that's how we ended up here, in front of his residence in Seattle.

"You will have a personal helper while we are here. If you need something, anything she'll be there to help you." Angelo's voice brought me back to reality as we slowly walked towards the entrance of the residence followed by his bodyguards.

"How long are we going to stay here?" I asked, taking a few quick steps to stand next to him. I have little legs okay? Don't judge me.

"I have work that needs to be done urgently" he replied with an even voice, totally ignoring my question as if he didn't want to tell me how long he was going to keep me as a prisoner in this fucking house.