𝟑𝟒 || 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬

"𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚝"

🖤

5 months later

MADDOX POV:

I moved my gaze around the big room, seeing so many disgusting faces I'll gladly erase from the world if I was allowed to. I hate these meetings, being forced to breathe the same air as these pathetic creatures is exhausting. But still, I kept my composure, restraining myself, trying to be on my best behavior right now.

Each family has one representative. All of us sitting around the big rounded table, waiting to discuss business as always. At that very moment, I cursed my father for sending me instead of Angelo. I still haven't crossed him off my blacklist after the fucked up things he has done but after the mess Angelo made in the last meeting he attended in Italy, I had to put our differences aside and do this shit myself. He got us into too much trouble to be trusted to attend any of the meetings anytime soon.

Looking around I can't help but think how laughable it is that we have to sit at the same table as if we were partners, friends even, but we all know that if It was given a fucking choice to us, we would gladly turn this place into an ugly bloodbath. We can't stand each other and it's understandable when money and power are on the table.

I sat back in the chair comfortably, highly frustrated, wanting this torture to end already before it even started. I hate wasting my fucking time, and that's exactly what I'm doing right now.

I don't know who called the meeting, but to be honest I don't give a single fuck. I don't ask questions that I have no interest in finding the answers to. My job is simply to attend.

We were all waiting for just one family to join us at the round table. The Romanos.

Even months later, this name still has a bad taste in my mouth. It's no secret that our families can't stand each other, and after everything that happened months ago, even more so now.

This war just began, I know my father won't let things go just like that, no matter how much I want him to. For him, it's a matter of honor and dignity, although it's fucking ridiculous that he says that after everything he's done.

It was a peaceful 5 months and at the same time even more torturous. After receiving the black rose for my birthday with the threatening note attached, I thought something was coming my way. And when nothing happened I felt disappointed even though I would never admit it out loud. That's a feeling I had to live within the past few months.

I stared at the empty chair directly across from me at the other side of the table, a thousand scenarios running through my head as to how this evening could end. I don't know how I will react to being face-to-face with Mikael again. Not after everything that happened.

Just when I already started to lose total interest and was bored to death, the door of the room opened and as everyone was talking and laughing, they stopped,
staring at the door as if they had just seen a ghost.

I'll never understand why Mikael instilled so much fear in everyone, or maybe I was just stupid enough not to have the slightest fear of him. Or anything.

But what caught my attention and made me turn to the door like all the other stupid men in the room was that I heard the sound of high heels echoing through the room.