𝟐𝟒 || 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐬

"𝐻𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝒸𝒽 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓁 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻𝒻"

🖤

''Allyn, you don't need to help me'' Lara sighed as I was lost in my thoughts while mopping the floor of the large hallway. "If someone from the King family sees you, they'll kill me."

"The King Family can go to hell'' I muttered, continuing to do my work, feeling useful for the first time in a very long time in this mansion.

"Why don't you go to the place I told you about?" she asked, giving a quick look "I think you would love it there and it's not far away"

"Because Maddox would probably kill me if I go somewhere without him knowing " I smiled but inside I wanted to cry.

Lara told me about a small beautiful lake that it's hidden in the large garden area of the mansion that was not used by the King Family. Hidden among the trees and I bet it's beautiful and peaceful just as Lara says.

But of course, I can't go anywhere without telling Maddox first and he's not home so I decided to fill my time by helping Lara clean the first floor.

It's unfair to see her so fragile and young struggling to clean such a large space on her own, and she's been doing this for fucking years.

She deserves so much more than this. She deserves to have a future and dreams to pursue, not to be locked up here all day doing whatever this fucking family tells her to do because they don't have hands doing it themselves.

"Lara, I have an idea " I said out of nowhere, stopping my work for a moment to look at her and she turned, still holding a rag in her hand, giving me her attention "Why don't you come home with me sometime? Get away from all of this here for a little bit?"

It would be good to be able to get her out of this grey boring life she has here, at least for a little while.

A surprised expression settled on her face, blinking slowly, this was probably the last thing she expected to hear. "I don't think that's a good idea" she spoke almost as a whisper, sighing "The King Family would hardly let me leave the mansion for that long"

"Why? You don't belong to them!" I felt myself raising my voice from the anger that was filling my body, and she just shook her head, her lips curling into a straight line.

"No, but they saved me" she barely said, her voice cracking, making me widen my eyes "I owe them"

If I was shocked before, now my chin was hanging to the ground. She was dead serious.

''What do you mean?''I asked confused, but she was avoiding my gaze. I can see her eyes watering and my eyes softened. ''Lara, I'm sorry if I said anything to offend you''

"No, It's okay" She shook her head, still sad smile written on her beautiful face, looking up at me before the "My family was killed. I had no one, I had nothing and if they hadn't saved me I'd probably be homeless or dead like my parents"

My heart broke into a thousand pieces listening to Lara speak. I could see how her eyes were barely holding the tears and her voice began to weaken and tremble as she speaks. I threw the rag away, hugging her tightly. Her body was shaking in my arms as she hugged me back, and I just wanted to slap myself. I'm so damn stupid.