𝟎𝟖 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞

"𝐻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒶 𝒷𝒶𝒹 𝒾𝒹𝑒𝒶 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒷𝒶𝒹 𝒾𝒹𝑒𝒶𝓈. 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝓊𝓇𝓃 𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝓃."

🖤

"Why didn't you tell me that you and Angelo are brothers?" I looked at him with a questioning look, while we were walking around the city.

I wasn't going to let him get away so easily. I wanted answers that he clearly don't want to give me.

It was more than obvious that the last thing Maddox wants right now is to be here with me but it's not like he has a choice anyway.

I decided that a walk in the nearby park would do me good, away from that big house full of people working for Angelo.

In the fucking residence, I feel like even the paintings are watching me.

''Don't start this again'' he muttered in a resigned voice as he looked ahead, walking beside me slowly. His gaze was drowned, avoiding eye contact with me while he was scanning the park and the people in it.

"Okay, then tell me what you were doing all these years?" I asked again "The last time I saw you was when I was a kid'' I added, remembering the last time I saw Maddox.

You can put 2 and 2 together to understand how young I was when I don't even fucking remember his name, and over the years he just disappeared and no one in my family raised the question about him.

When it came to the King family, all I heard about was Angelo and no one else.

Maddox hadn't bothered to look at me yet, but I could see a slight spark pass through his eyes after I asked my question, but he quickly covered it up and shook his head.

"I went out of the States to take care of the family business" he replied simply with a hint of boredom in his voice. Am I that fucking annoying to him?

''Really?'' I raised an eyebrow sarcastically ''Do you think I'm that stupid to believe this nonsense?''

He shrugged "Believe what you want, that's the truth. I was young, but someone had to do this" he muttered under his breath, sighing, and I furrowed my brows in confusion.

Had to do this? Do what? What does that mean? Is this my confirmation that the King family is doing something dangerous and illegal?

But I didn't bother asking any further because I knew I wouldn't get an answer from Maddox.

Knowing the King's everything is based on honor and the family. I would hardly believe that Maddox would do or say something against his family that may put it into big trouble.

And who am I to want answers from him? He's no one to me. Just my bodyguard I tried to kiss.

''Why didn't Angelo do this job? He's the bigger brother'' I asked, leaning slightly ahead to get a better look at him and for a moment our eyes met. His eyes were as black and cold as ever.

I don't think I will ever have the opportunity to look at him and not see this cold and expressionless gaze.

He shook his head, lips pursed into a straight line "Angelo is incapable of doing this I was meant to do"