Chapter 52 : Flaws

Season 2  :  Chapter 19

After their conversation with Nagumo and Asahina, a quiet Kiyotaka and a slightly irritated Horikita were walking back to their class, while an unusual veil of silence prevailed between them. However, Kiyotaka noticed the black haired maiden looking very absent minded for some reason.

In order to get her attention, he slightly poked her cheek, causing her to look towards him.

"Are you good? You are looking like you're in deep thought."

"Yeah....I'm alright, however I'm feeling quite confused, to be honest."

"Want to share your thoughts? I might find a solution for your worries."

"It's just that....I have literally no idea why nii-san thought that Nagumo-senpai out of everyone else could've been his successor.."

"I had a discussion with him regarding this matter. He said that, at that time, he was desperately looking for a successor who could carry on the torch of being a well reputable president. However instead of Nagumo-senpai, he didn't find anyone else worthy of that position, while some where not interested.

However Horikita-Senpai had no idea that Nagumo would betray their ideals and form a whole clique constiting of all the Second Years and some of the Third Years and implement his own ideal."

"But! That's not possible!!"

Horikita unconsciously raised her voice, before closing it and releasing a deep breath.

"What's not possible?"

"Nii-san can't make such a big mistake. He can literally feel if a person is capable or uncapable within first glance. I can't believe that he couldn't figure out the underlying intentions of Nagumo-Senpai."

Hearing her words, Kiyotaka couldn't help himself but sigh.

'Even though she is developing at her own pace and wants to chase her own dream instead of her brother's shadow, this girl still thinks of her brother as an almighty, invincible being.'

"Then why didn't he figure out the true nature of Kushida and forced you to befriend her?"

Immediately Horikita's eyes widened as she stiffened up, however Kiyotaka had no intention to stop.

"If your elder brother is this capable, then why couldn't he force himself into breaking your 'friendship' with Kushida?"

"T-thats-"

"If he can see through people that easily, then why couldn't he notice all the pain that you hid deep beneath your heart when you first met?"

Unable to form a coherent response, Horikita chose to remain silent as she couldn't refute to his words. Thinking back to his words, she started losing herself in deep thought.

'If what he really said is true....Then what's the point of my whole life until now? I promised myself that I won't follow and chase the shadow of nii-san, however that doesn't get rid of the fact that he is my biggest inspiration. 

In my eyes he was perfect in every aspects without any flaws...For so many years I tried to nitpick any weakness of him, yet I couldn't find any...

So, why does he have flaws now?

No...he can't make a mistake...There has so to be some underlying reason behind it...The brother I know will never make such mist-'

Horikita snapped out of her thoughts when Kiyotaka grabbed her hand and softly squeezed on it, wanting her attention.

"You're brother is not as flawless as you think he is, Horikita. He has a lot of flaws and he makes a lot of mistakes as well.....