21

Double update:

"I won't run so let go of my wrist, please Taehyung." Jungkook pleaded and Taehyung gave him a long look before reluctantly letting go, although he continued to stay close to him to make sure to grab him in case he bolts.

Jungkook rubbed his wrist that had now turned red and Taehyung noticed his hand print on it feeling guilt prick his heart. He didn't look up at Taehyung, he didn't want to look at him at all right now, all he wanted to do was go home and cuddle into his bed and fall asleep.

"I am sorry for everything I did. I really don't want to apologize because it isn't my fault but if doing this will cool your anger and make you leave me alone, I am willing to do this." Jungkook replied honestly as he finally looked up at Taehyung who had been staring at him the entire time.

His voice was soft now, all the yelling and struggling had exhausted him. He had tears in his innocent doe eyes.

The stress was finally starting to get to him now. He didn't know what to do anymore. What to think, what to say so he carefully picked up his words.

"You are really underestimating my family, Taehyung. You do not know how strict they are, if they ever hear or see me with you or any guy for that matter, my brothers will most likely not listen to an explanation and impose restrictions on me the first chance they get. Hell, they might even try to kill me or get me married at this age, I don't know what they would do and I am too scared to find out. I am scared of you but I am also scared of what they would do to me if that ever happens. And more than anything I am scared of breaking my family's trust. I can't hurt them, I love them too much to pain them and betray them like that." Jungkook explained while everyone silently listened.

"You don't have a sister or younger sibling that you want to protect so you might not understand this but for my family, I am their honor and they won't sit back and watch anyone trying to ruin their honor like that."

Taehyung understood every word he had said and he could tell he meant everything, he knew his family was protective to crazy limits when he had seen his brother talk to him with an air of hate around him. He knew what he was saying was accurate but he was at a loss of what to do.

He didnt even get why is his family that protective of jungkook? He is boy. Why cant he have the freedom that his brothers had. Is it because he is gay? What is it about jungkook?

"So what do you want me to do then? I am not going to leave you alone." Taehyung was honest too.

He didn't want to hurt him in any way and he didn't want to let him go either. He was facing a dilemma that was unlike any other.

"If I go with you, a guy who is neither blood nor related to me in a marital way. I can't live in the constant fear of what if my brothers find out? All they will see is me with a guy, they won't hear the end of it." Jungkook shuddered at the thought Taehyung felt genuine pity for him along with Namjoon and Yoongi.

They had grown up a carefree life so something like this was new to him, it was something they had overlooked because it didn't matter to them. When Taehyung remained silent, Jungkook continued.

"I am sure you have met girls and boys before who would go to places with you and hangout and be your girlfriend or boyfriend willingly so maybe their families are okay with that or maybe, they have the guts to rebel against them or maybe they are good at sneaking and deception but that is not me. I can't fake it, I can't pretend to do or be something that I am not."

By now, Jimin had made an attempt to get close to Jungkook and was rubbing his back because Jungkook was trembling. Namjoon had let him because he knew they were not going to try to run, they couldn't.

"I cannot become your boyfriend for two reasons, Taehyung."

"And what are those?" Taehyung said while listening to him intently.

"One is obviously my family, I cannot take such a risk. It is not within me to do something like that. I guess I have made that clear. My family knows about my sexuality, but they havent openly accepted it. heck they just told me that I will forget about it. I just can't rebel against them. The second is, I know that when the time comes for me to love someone, whoever that happens to be, I will love him with everything that I have. I want to cherish what he and I will have. I want to experience all my firsts with him. So for that, I can't just become anyone's boyfriend. It is not something I can mess with. Therefore, if and when I meet the one, I want him to understand my circumstances especially my family and then love me the same despite everything. I want to do it the right way."

Taehyung was at a loss of words, he felt a wave of emotions and it was hard for him to describe what he was feeling right now. Jungkook's declaration had left him speechless.

"I cannot become your boyfriend and I cannot go anywhere with you but I understand that you don't want to leave me alone until you are done playing with me so I will tag along with it until you get bored but you should understand too that I can't comply with some of your wishes because they clash with my morals and beliefs. I am sorry for lying to you. I already told you I won't do it again. We can go back to talking on Instagram until you get tired of playing with me but please don't force your expectations on me because I cannot fulfill them. I hope that is alright with you." Jungkook said as he finally looked up at him, head held high with an air of dignity and grace. He was proud of what he had said.

"I am not playing with you." Taehyung said suddenly and Jungkook frowned.

Yoongi looked at Taehyung with a raised eyebrow while Namjoon was just shocked. He was clearly not as perceptive as Yoongi.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook questioned, confused. Yoongi grinned knowing exactly what Taehyung meant.

"Nothing. Just try not to seen-zone me from now on, okay?"

"So does that mean you agree with everything I said?" Jungkook lightened up the slightest and Taehyung nodded reluctantly.

"Yes, but I am going to overlook all of this if you give me your number." Taehyung said as he patted his jean pockets to look for a cigarette.

"Done! Wait, what?!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankyou for reading.

please do vote comment and share.

BORAHAE