Chapter 53 : Hints

Season 2 : Chapter 20

"It's pretty hot, don't you think?:

"I agree. It was a good decision to bring some popsicles on the way, thanks to that, I'm barely surviving."

Horikita's face was filled with sweat while some pieces of her hair were sticking on her face, although Kiyotaka was not safe from the humidity...His entire back was drenched in sweat and he felt sticky all over his body.

'This weather is pretty abnormal. I guess this is how summer should usually feel, but I didn't think it'd be this hot and humid inside the building. Well.....this is the effect of getting used to air conditioning every day. It feels even hotter because I got so used to the cold air of the A/C. How troublesome.'

"What about you, Ayanokouji-kun?"

"I'm already regretting my decision of biting the popsicle this quickly..."

"I warned you not to do it, but whenever you are infront of ice creams and sorts, it feels like you lose all sense of your rationalism."

"Well forgive me for acting like a child, Miss Horikita."

"I would've been more pleased if you actually sounded genuine while saying that."

"Please, I am always genuine. I'm the most honest and truthful, a person can be."

"It's like saying Sakura-san and Koenji-kun's personalities have changed. Absolute bullshit."

He gave her an amused stare to which Horikita just grumbled to herself.

Kiyotaka loosened his tie and opened the top button of his shirt, while Horikita was quietly sucking on her food while surveying every nook and cranny of the area with an inquisitive gaze.

Soon, both of them started walking aimlessly while looking at every single direction of the building trying to find some hints ot clues.

"Tell me Horikita....What do you think of this area?"

"It's....pretty isolated and humid. The Home Economic Room and the Audiovisual rooms are rarely used. So, I'd say it's a perfect place to set Sudou-kun up."

"That's not all is it? There is something missing....Why do you think they brought Sudou specifically 'here' of all the places to create such a commotion."

Hearing his words, Horikita put on a thinking expression for a second before giving him a reply.

"Hmm, it's usually extremely hot because of the season. And judging by the heat we are experiencing, I assume that this area has no vents or any open space through which this warm air can leave and cold fresh air can come inside.

And even if there are windows, they are always closed. I guess, since they already knew of Sudou-kun's anger problems, The three Class-C boys brought him here intentionally, riling him up and making him more frustrated because of the heat, because of which Sudou-kun ultimately couldn't contain himself and punched them....."

'Good deduction, however you are still missing something.'

"You are correct about their motives. But is it all?"