«3»

Kayson's pov

Once we were all piled up in the truck, we headed to IKEA. I got put in the back with Davina, and I have a feeling that it was because of our little 'convo'. I don't mind though, she smells good. Like vanilla and a hint of something icy. It's weird, but oddly pleasing. I'm not going to complain though, considering she already looks like she wants to slit my throat. The whole ride we listen to music and talk, Xander and Willow having their own conversation in the front. Davina and I talk about anything that lessens the tension between us. The tension is thick back here, but from what I can see, it's more her fault than my own. She acts like a female version of myself. Shut off, no talking for more than a minute at a time, and she seems to be battling something in her head. Willow told me, when I first arrived, that this girl was psychotic and had a lot going on. Right now, I can see right through her. Her eyes carrying a lot of evil, her body tense and aware, her voice clipped and cold. From what I'm seeing.. she's not so much as psycho as she is hurt. Unless she's got me fooled for a reason.
- — - — - — - — - — - — -
    Four hours later.. we're walking out of IKEA and to Xander's truck. Four fucking hours.. for some goddamn furniture. This girl has got to be the most indecisive chick in the world. Hot.. but way too serious about her 'aesthetically pleasing' apartment. We all get piled back into the truck, again, after putting everything in the truck. Xander pulls onto the road as we all get to talking, learning immediately, that Willow may have been right. This bitch is crazy. Psychotic even. Fuck what I said before, she's psycho because she's hurt. We fill the truck with conversation about Davina and her family. Something she looks frustrated by. The words coming out of Willow's mouth were enough to scare off a grown man. Not I. Not Xander.. but any level headed man would run for their lives.

"I tried to drown my mother at the age of twelve." And it gets worse. "I laughed when she put a gun to my head." I beg your fucking pardon? Who the fuck smiles like a child on Christmas when they're about to die? And why are her and Willow retelling this like it's a good memory to look back on? Why is this normal for her..? She was also, supposedly, put into a psych ward before the age of seven. Is she fucking okay? I've only ever known two people to go to a mental institution at such a young age.. and it was my childhood bestf riend and I. Together.

She smacks Willow for telling me that much, obviously wanting to keep that to herself. As expected though, that's not something I want out in the open either. Matter of fact, Willow doesn't know that I had a similar situation happen to me. Xander does, but that's because he did something so that he could be with me. I still don't know what it is that he did. "Chill, psychotic women are just my type." I let out a low chuckle and she immediately looks out the window and hits her vape, rolling her eyes and looking back at me at the same time. I'm curious when our eyes meet. Wondering why she's tried to kill her mother. And why the fuck her mother had a gun pointed at her daughter's head. I can only imagine what she went through to have had that much hatred for the woman that gave her life. Such familiarity in our lives, yet we know nothing about each other.

"Hey, D. Show Kayson your spine tat." I hear Willow say excitedly, pulling me out of whatever trance I'm in. "That bitch looks sexy as hell on you." I roll my eyes with a smirk and look at Davina, waiting for her to show me. I'm sitting behind Willow, leaning my head and back against the truck door, my legs almost in her seat. "Okay, but why? You can't see it good right now." Davina crosses her arms and leans back in her seat, Willow looks back at her with a knowing look, flipping the cargo lights on. Davina huffs out an annoyed breath, sitting up while she pulls her hat and flannel off. Throwing both of them in my lap, she gives me a go to hell look and turns toward her window. "Eyes stay on the road, Xander. Your girlfriend made me whip my boobs out." Willow let's out a little laugh and looks over at Xander with a cheeky smile. Davina takes off her shirt, leaving it draped over her shoulders while she unhooks her bra and tosses it in my lap with her other things. She moves her long red hair, giving me full vision of her whole back.