Return to the great valley

A large greenish black sharp-tooth walked through the murky swamp of the Mysterious Beyond, carrying his catch of the day in his mouth. It had been a tedious hunt since there was very little prey in the area, but he finally managed to catch something. After eating his portion, he carried as much of it as he could back to the nesting ground.

He didn't get very far when he nostrils caught the scent of another sharp-tooth. He growled as he recognized the scent. He dropped his catch and stood over it, facing to the east as the scent drew closer.

Sharp tooth: Come out! I know you're there!

The intruder emerged from the rocks. This sharp-tooth had tannish hide, one yellow eye, and one red eye with a scar running all the way down to his talons, making one of them red as well.

 This sharp-tooth had tannish hide, one yellow eye, and one red eye with a scar running all the way down to his talons, making one of them red as well

Red claw: Strongfang, What a surprise.

Steongfang: What do you want, Red Claw? And where are your little minions?

Red claw: Screech and Thud? Oh, off doing their own hunting. I just came to express my sympathy.

Strongfang: What for?

Red claw: Haven't you heard, Sharptooth has been defeated.

Strongfang stepped back.

Strongfang: That's impossible! No one has been able to defeat him! You're just trying to deceive me!

Red claw: You think I would lie about something like this?l Nearly everyone in the Mysterious Beyond knows about it. Apparently, seven little creatures took him down. A longneck, a threehorn, a spiketail, a swimmer, and flyer, and a pair of imps. One of which looked very much like Mildred May

Strongfang jolted up when he heard that name.

Strongfang: That can't be! She hasn't been in this world for a hundred years!

Red claw: That's what the story is, My condolences for the loss of a family member.

Strongfang lunged forward and viciously snapped at Red Claw, who jumped away from the attack.

Strongfang: Don't you DARE speak of my brother to me like that!

Red claw: Oh, did I strike a nerve, Oh that's right: Sharptooth may have been your brother, but you guys never got along. He was the ruthless one while you were the weak one.

Strongfang: Don't make me kill you, Red Claw!

Red claw: I didn't come here looking for a fight, I just came to tell you the news. But there is an advantage for me with Sharptooth being gone,

Steongfang: What would that be?

Red claw: Now I will become the next "Walking Terror"!

Steongfang: Ha! In your dreams! You'll never become the "Walking Terror", especially if you have to rely on two little fast-bitters to gather food for you as well. You're just a coward who only wants to be a threat, but you'll never be one! Now if you'll excuse me.