Freeing the water

Hyp, Nod, and Mutt cautiously made their way across a swampy area. All around them, emerging from the icky muck were remains of various dinosaurs, both from meat eaters and leaf eaters. Some of the larger skeletons were slumped over large pits of bubbling swamp water, creating bridges that allowed the trio to walk over to the other side.

Except for the bubbling of the murky water below and the sound of their footsteps, there wasn't a single noise to be heard.

Nod: Uh, are you sure this is the right way to the water, Hyp?

Hyp: Sure I'm sure, I'm...uh...just taking us this special way, so we don't run into any stupid sharpteeth.

As the group made their way across the fallen skeleton of a large long-necked dinosaur, Mutt slipped on one of spine disks and fell forward. He managed to catch himself on two of the rib bones. He gulped and looked down at his distorted and murky reflection in the bubbling swamp water. He then quickly hoisted himself up and looked up to see the other two still walking.

Mutt: Wait for me!

Mutt continued to run after the group, even up to the point where they had to jump up some crumpling rocks that were positioned almost like a staircase, only they were round, flat, and were a salty white color.

Mutt: C'mon guys, wait!

As the Muttaburrasaurus made a desperate jump after his friends, he almost missed his footing as the rock beneath him crumbled. He screamed and swayed back and forth to regain his balance. Fortunately, he was able to shift his center of gravity forward and stay on the rock.

Hyp: Stop whining, Mutt! This is easy!

The Hypsilophidon then jumped across a small gap unto another rock. He then looked over and was pleased at the sight before him. Just a few rock down was a wide pool of dark blue water.

Hyp: Well, what do you know? A little watering hole, just for me

Just behind Hyp, Mutt slipped on the rock he jumped and rammed right into the back of Nod, nearly knocking the both of them off the platform. However, their condition didn't seem to concern Hyp in the slightest.

Hyp: You guys can have some, if I leave any!

Without a moment of hesitation, Hyp leapt off the rocks, rushed over to the pool, and jumped in with a loud "SPLASH". When he emerged to the surface, he started to greedily slurping down handfuls of water. He was too busy drinking that he didn't notice his feet were stuck.

That is until he tried to move them.

The dinosaur strained to move his legs, but soon realized that he was only sinking deeper into the water.

Hyp: I'm sinking! I'm sinking!

Nod and Mutt raced down from the edge of the pool and looked on with worry as Hyp struggled to get out. However, his violent and panicked actions only made him sink even further into the water.