Chapter 140

you're a magnet for bad luck, ribbit.

the sound of your blood-curdling yell made you shoot up in your bed. your blood ran cold like the sweat that was falling down your face. even though your eyes were wide and casted at your door, you only saw your dad staring back at you with emiko right behind him.

the blade sliced across his neck, and he fell to the ground with his eyes rolling into the back of his head. blood oozed out of his neck like one cutting into a slice of lava cake. you were frozen in your spot, even though you wanted so badly to move.

but you couldn't, so you yelled out for him at the top of your lungs.

"y/n? y/n!"

like pressing pause on a tv, everything went silent at the sound of your name. your eyes opened, but this time you found yourself staring at the ceiling instead of your door. you were panting heavy like you were on your last seconds of oxygen before it'd be forever stripped from you.

"my love," a hand was soon placed on your forehead. it was warm, and that made you slowly turn your head to see izuku staring at you with worry. he was crouched down on the ground next to you, partly dressed in his u.a uniform. "it's okay. it was just a bad dream."

for a second you stared into his eyes searching for the lie. the room was completely silent apart from your heavy breaths. "it's okay y/n. i'm here." he lightly stroked your head to try and comfort you. "do you wanna talk about it?"

you felt his thumb lightly glide against your hair as you turned back forward and sighed deeply. you blinked at the vacant ceiling before sitting up. immediately you watched the door, but there was no sight of your dad or emiko. "no." you said before rubbing your face with your hands. "it's nothing. sorry for that."

"don't apologize." izuku stood up, and you watched him walk to your mirror to fix his tie. "but you're really warm. are you sure you wanna go to school today?"

it was monday. you had a full week of school ahead of you. before the events of this weekend, this had been a daily routine for you, and this would've been another 'normal' week that would've came and went to you. oh how bad you wished that could still be the case.

"yeah. i'm going." you threw the cover off your legs and swung them to the end of the bed. "i'll be alright."

izuku watched you walk into your bathroom followed by the sound of the faucet turning and water running. he opened his mouth to say something, but ultimately kept it shut. the last he wanted was to annoy you or say anything that could set off any type of reaction from you. you were a ticking time bomb at the moment.

her sanity levels are dropping.

you were unstable with no exact pinpoint, and that made izuku's heart wrench. he didn't know what to exactly think at the moment. so much ran through his head as he stared at his tie. he just hoped and prayed nothing would go severely wrong to the point where you completely lost it.

after all, he didn't know what it could take, who it could come from, or when that'd time come, all he knew was that dealing with you was like walking on thin glass, and not the tempered kind.

"i'm gonna shower." you walked out the bathroom and read the time. there was still an hour before you had to leave to get to u.a.

"okay." izuku looked at you and watched you push up your glasses with your pointer finger before leaving the room.

---

you tightened your tie as tight as it could be tied, fiddling with your white collar to your dress shirt to make sure it was straight and perfect. you stared at your scarred face and your hair framing it before looking down to ruffle your short skirt. your black socks rested just above your knees, allowing your fit thighs to be exposed just for a couple inches.