Chapter 1 The Synchro Dimension - "City"

Yuzu lies with her eyes closed, as a voice calls out to her, "Hey...Hey! Hey. You alright?"

She opens her eyes as she sees Yugo staring at her. Startled by his close proximity, Yuzu squeals and sits up, shoving Yugo off her and knocking him onto the floor.

"Ouch...Even when I try to make sure you're okay...Are you kidding me?!" Yugo yells, and Yuzu just blinks at him.

The evening has fallen as Yuzu notices that she's in a fancy penthouse. Yugo mutters, "Good thing I'm used to getting injured...you have to be careful after all."

Yuzu asks, "Where are we?"

"New Domino City. My hometown." Yugo says.

Yuzu walks to the balcony and she sees a massive expanse of city blocks over the ocean. Yuzu asks, "What about the Battle Royale?"

"Huh? What's that?" Yugo asks with confusion.

"The Battle Royale for the Junior Youth Tournament! Miami Championship's..." Yuzu then stops as she remembers back then she was about to be taken by Yuri, Yuya and Yuni arrived and told her to hide. She did and then Yugo showed up, and she remembers him hugging her and calling her Rin. After that, they were teleported together.

"So...he and I were teleported together?" Yuzu asks in shock.

Then they also remember Rin and Yuya talking about Yugo, who looks like Yuya.

"You...look like Yuya...don't tell me, you're Yugo?" Yuzu asks.

"Yeah! You've got my name right." Yugo says.

"This means that you're with Fusion too?" Yuzu asks, but Yugo yells, "The heck is that! Who's Fusion?! I'm Yugo! Don't get it wrong!"

Yuzu is terrified a little, and Yugo turns away in a huff, "You're not Rin after all. Rin wouldn't get my name wrong."

"Rin..." Yuzu remembers that she has absorbed her. "The duelist from Academia who chased and tried to capture me...he took Rin away..."

"What? You met the bastard who got Rin?!" Yugo asks.

"Yuya dueled him right before you showed up..." Yuzu says.

"Where's that guy right now?!" Yugo asks.

"I don't know. I tried to get away from him as far as possible. After that, you showed up." He looks at the three bracelets, "That wasn't the first or second time my bracelets glowed like that. It glows whenever I'm with someone who looks like Yuya... When it stops glowing, that person disappears, and Yuya shows up. That's why I was sure that Yuya had arrived back there... After that, my bracelet glowed again, and I found myself here... This...isn't Miami City, right? It's not the city we live in..."

"I've told you it's Neo Domino City, didn't I?" Yugo says, "This is the city I grew up in. It's a different dimension from the Standard Dimension you come from."

"Another dimension?" Yuzu gasps.

"It makes sense that you're surprised. It's your first time being wrapped across dimensions, right?" Yugo asks.

"I was wrapped across dimensions?" Yuzu gasps as Ray appear beside Yuzu. She says, "So this is the Synchro Dimension...it looks really cool..."

Yuzu asks, "Ray, how is Rin?"

Ray says, "Ruri has managed to calm her down, right now she is taking a rest."

Yugo says, "Yeah. I've been wrapped tons of times, so I know what I'm talking about! Although I'm just returning to my hometown this time. So I'm saying, the first time I was wrapped across dimensions, I was totally frozen in shock."