Chapter 39 Mark of the Monkey

Their first location is the Monkey Gate, they look at the pillar and Rua asks, "So that's the symbol of the monkey?"

"Yeah...we're here, the first gate." Reisho says.

"I've been waiting for you, Signer." Just then, flames start to appear and form the mark of the Monkey.

"What the...where did those flames come from?" Choujiro asks.

Just then, a man with a yellow cloak appears in front of them. When they look at the man's face, he says, "I'm Devack. I am the Dark Signer with the Monkey's Birthmark."

"No way... he's still the Dark Signer with the Monkey?" Yuya asks.

"You know him?" Crow asks.

"Back in the Original Dimension, he was also a Dark Signer. We didn't know what happened to him after the battle...how did he become a Dark Signer again?" Yuni asks.

Reisho says, "In the last battle, he was the one who stole Ancient Fairy Dragon."

"Ancient Fairy..." Ruka mutters in surprise.

Devack notices Ruka's arm and says, "Interesting, to think I'll be able to duel you again as a Signer and a Dark Signer..."

Ruka asks, "Have we met before? Because I clearly don't remember."

Yuni says, "When the World split into four dimensions, all of the timelines are messed up. Everything we've done, we're just doing the past again."

Reisho says, "That means all of you as well. When the Dimension splits, those who are alive or revived are randomly scattered across the four dimensions and they forget everything that happened in their early lives. But how did you remember everything that happened in the past?"

Devack says, "If you want to know, then duel me."

Yuya says, "Ruka. He's your fated enemy, you should have the honor of defeating him as a member of Singer."

Ruka nods as she activates her Duel Disk, and Rua says, "Hold on! I promised that I'd protect Ruka! I'm not going to let Ruka fight alone!"

"But you're not-" Before Katrina can finish, Devack says, "It's fine. It will be better if I get my revenge at the same time. Come at me, if you dare."

"Field Magic: Crossover!" Just then, much to their surprise, the Crossover Platforms appear and Ron asks, "You let them use Action Duels?"

"Don't worry, Sister and I dueled them before, we trust them to take care of themselves." Katrina says.

"Duel!" All three of them yell together. (Rua:4000)(Ruka:4000)(Devack:4000)

Yuya continues to talk about the past, and he says, "In the previous duel, Ruka went to the Spirit World to save Ancient Fairy Dragon, so Rua was the only one who dueled him. After Ruka came back, Rua already took a lot of damage and Ruka took over the duel and finished him off."

"Seriously..." Crow says.

"Devack says, "I'll go first. I activate Field Magic: Closer Forest from my hand!"

After the Magic Card is set, the forest appears on the field. Devack says, "Due to the effects of my Field Magic: Closer Forest, my Beast-Type monsters increases its ATK by 100 for each monster in my Graveyard."

"Oh no! Once a Field Magic is activated, all the conditions needed to call on an Earthbound God will be set!" Reisho gasps.

"Then I set Dark Scale 6 Inferno Ape and Dark Scale 8 Rage Ape on the Pendulum Scale!"

Two monsters rise into the air with a black 6 and 8. Sawatari asks, "He has Pendulum Cards as well?"

"They are Dark Pendulum Cards, they are different than the Pendulum Cards we know." Katrina says.