Chapter 33 Determination Duel

"Katrina..." Yuni knocks on the door once again, but she won't respond anything, making the three of them worried.

"Geez, what is wrong with her?" Yuya sighs. "I know she lost to Yugo on purpose, but why is she devastated?"

"I have no idea." Reisho says. "She did manage to congratulate Yugo for the win..."

Yuni knocks on the door again, then they hear her saying, "Leave me alone...I am a monster..."

This causes the three to be stunned, Yuni says, "Katrina, you are no monster! Just tell us what's going on?"

But Katrina still doesn't respond, Yuya says, "She now treats herself as a monster? What's going on here?"

Yuni says, "This is really abnormal...This is just like the time when she transformed into a half-vampire...but I thought that she was used to being it..."

"And when she came back to us from Heartland, she was also normal." Reisho says.

"Heartland...wait a second. Katrina was known as the Vampire of Heartland. But nobody told us how she got her nickname and how people in the Xyz Dimension knew Katrina's abnormal identity..." Yuni says.

Yuya says, "Yuto, Rumi. I guess we really need to know what was going on with Katrina."

Yuto and Rumi look at each other, and Yuto says, "The thing is, we didn't know she was a half-vampire ever since we found her 7 years ago."

Rumi says, "Her identity is well-hidden, until that day..."

"That day?" Yuni asks. "What happened that day?"

Rumi says, "I am not sure, but do you know Katrina has a crush on my brother?"

Yuya sighs, "We knew, it is not that hard to find out. But what does it have to do with Kurosaki?"

Rumi sighs, "One of our classmates is named Lisa, she is from the same branch as Ron and Jean. She was our friend, but..."

Yuto says, "Since she has a crush on Shun, and the same goes for Katrina. Because Katrina basically stayed with Shun before Yusho Sensei came to Heartland, she stayed with the Kurosaki's for four years."

Rumi continues, "Lisa confessed to Brother, but Brother refused her since he didn't have the same feelings for her. If I want to guess, maybe he had the same feelings for Katrina."

"Seriously? I guess all that pain from losing his family made it unbelievable for us to think of him as that kind of person..." Reisho says.

"With the anger and the pain Lisa got from rejection, she started to plot an act of revenge. And she decided to kidnap me and Ruri..."

"Wait, what?" Yuni says in surprise.

"It is true." Yuto says. "Although I didn't really know what happened, because Lisa's birthday was around the corner and we wanted to give her a celebration."

"My Dad and Mom immediately asked for Yusho sensei and Katrina for help, so they searched everywhere until they found us on a construction site, where we were hanging by a rope on the 15th-floor under-constructing building." Rumi is shaken after remembering that incident. "She challenged Katrina to a duel, but if Brother, Dad, Mom, or Yusho sensei tried to help us, she would immediately release the rope and we would fall to our doom."

Reisho gasps, "Wow...falling from that high must be a scary experience..."

"In the end, Katrina won the duel. But Lisa refused to admit she lost and then she released the rope." Rumi continues, causing them to gasp. "Something inside Katrina snapped as she rushed so fast to save us from the fall. We both passed out after Katrina saved us. According to my Mom, after we were saved..." Rumi freezes, then she says, "Katrina started to strangle her, bite her...and then suck her blood until it was too late."