Chapter 18 Duel Consequences

The next day, the stadium is crowded with people. "The city is one! We are all friends! Doing great, everyone! Now, the second day of the Friendship Cup! The first match in today's line-up is Sakaki Yuya vs Duel Chaser 227! What kind of match will we see today?" Melissa says.

"Yuya..." Yuzu says surprised.

"So it is his turn, huh?" Dennis says.

"Go for it, Brother." Vivian cheers.

"Look here! I'm the top choice to get things fired up with Yuya! Don't they get it?!" Shingo says.

After Yuya opens the door from his room, he notices Sam. "I'm here to lead you to the grounds."

Yuya wonders if he should tell Sam about what Jack means about the card, but he decides to ask other questions, "The card that you gave me. You said you want me to win and give it back to Jack, right?"

Sam nods, and Yuya makes up his mind, "Before the duel, there's something I have to do."

As the two duelists arrive, Melissa says, "First up, Duel Chaser 227 makes his entrance! He lost a duel during a pursuit and lost his job as a duel chaser. He's lacking quite a bit lately, huh? Now he's stepping up to the challenge as a Commons."

Yugo says, "That unlucky bastard's here too."

"But he registered as an ex-duel chaser." Melissa says.

Roget stares at the screen and says, "This Duel decides whether you can restore your reputation and your job as a duel chaser."

"Well, I feel sorry for him." Jean says.

"But he is going to lose." Ron says.

"Next, Sakaki Yuya makes his entrance!" Everyone is in surprise and silent when he gets into the stadium since he manages to have a tie with their King.

On the screen, Yuzu watches it and asks, "Yuya...my feelings reached you, right?"

After Yuya appears, Melissa says, "With that, we should get the duel started! Action-"

"Wait for a second, please." Yuya says to Melissa as she turns to him. "I want to announce if it is possible."

Melissa nods and then she hands the microphone to him, Yuya says, "This announcement is for my comrades that are participating in the tournament since we aren't from the City. I don't care if you want to boo me or anything else, just let me finish it."

Yuya takes a breath and says, "I want you guys to keep winning because if you lose, you'll be sent to the underground garbage disposal facility."

"Wait, what?" Jean says in shock.

"The underground?" Dennis asks.

"You will never return from underground. You're forced to do labor forever! So let me say it again, my comrades, please keep winning until we will be dueling each other." Yuya says as he hands the microphone back.

Yuzu says, "No way... That means Gongenzaka and Tokumatsu san have also -?!"

Vivian says, "Although I already knew it from Kiryu...this is still..."

In the Council, Reira mutters, "Tsukikage...too?"

Melissa says, "Well, thanks for encouraging the participants for today's matches, Yuya. Now let's get the duel started! Action Field On! Crossover Accel!"

After the duel starts, both DC227 and Yuya ride off.

"Duel!" (DC:227: 4000)(Yuya:4000)

As DC227 gets the first turn, Melissa says, "Taking the first corner and the first turn is Duel Chaser 227!"

DC227 says, "Did you come here to give a speech? Then this isn't an invitation. Surrender already and get outta here!"