Chapter 13 Duel King - Jack Atlas

Yuni and Katrina are speeding through the traffic with Satoshi and Ryu behind them, following them are Vivian, Yuzu, Yugo, and Risu. They arrive at the stadium and then they hear the voice of Melissa Claire from the outside.

"A huge audience of over 20,000 has gathered here in the Duel Palace that towers over all else in the City central! Everyone's anticipation for the opening of the Friendship Cup is firing up the atmosphere! Tonight, with myself, Melissa Claire, let's all enjoy the eve of the largest duel festival in the City, the Friendship Cup!"

As the crowd cheers, Yuni and the others arrive at the audience seats at the stadium. Yugo says, "We're here! This is the Duel Stadium!"

Vivian says, "Wow, this place is so big and wide!"

"Yeah, it is much bigger than our hometown." Ryu says.

"Miami City's Duel Stadium was also huge, but the grounds for Riding Duels are so spacious!" Yuzu says.

"Are we really going to duel here?" Satoshi asks.

"That's right." Yuni replies. Then they see Rua and Ruka waving them at the seats.

"Hey, guys. Aren't you going to watch at the Tops Special Area?" Risu asks.

"We prefer watching the duel here with you guys." Rua says.

Inside the waiting room, Yuya is already in his Riding outfit, and he stares at his deck, he also remembers what Crow told him about Jack being a traitor.

"Traitor..." Yuya mutters as he turns to a boy, "Hey, what kind of person is Jack Atlas?"

"U-um..." The boy turns away, and Yuya asks, "Ah, were you told not to talk to me?"

"No, nothing like that..." The boy says.

"Are you also Jack's fan?" Yuya asks.

"W-why?" The boy asks.

"I heard that Jack is a shared King for both Tops and Commons, so I figured he must have a lot of fans." Yuya says, "Are you one of them, too?"

The boy is shocked, and Yuya says, "Sorry, talking about that right before I'm about to duel must be hard on you. I'm just wondering what kind of person he is."

"Um...Jack Atlas first won the Friendship Cup as a Commons three years ago. From then on, he's ruled upon the throne as King, an absolute ruler. They call him the strongest duelist in history - and he has the demeanor and the conduct worthy of it. That's what I think."

"Sorry. Looks like I put you on the spot." Yuya says.

"It...It's almost time." The boy says. "I'll lead you to the grounds."

Yuya notices something is off with the boy, but he decides to ignore it. Back in the Standard Dimension, his sister uses Jack's deck often, however, she is not Jack herself, so he wonders what kind of strategy will the King uses.

"And now, it's finally time for today's main event! The City's pride, the Duel King. A special opening match by Jack Atlas!" Melissa says as everyone cheers, including Rua and Yugo.

"As expected of the symbol of the Friendship Cup, Jack Atlas! The hearts of Tops and Commons come together as one, calling out his name! But please wait one moment. Firstly, let's introduce the lucky Duelist specially selected to duel our King on the eve of this year's festival! His name is Sakaki Yuya!"

As Yuya also rides out to the field, Ryu says, "Yuya is dueling him? Are you serious?"

Katrina says, "Yeah, the officials choose a person from the 32 participants to have the exhibition match with the King."