Chapter 23 King's Gambit

Back in the Council Hall, Reiji says, "I see. However, confining me is not related to Dennis reporting to Academia."

"We are aware. We are just preparing for the worst." White Taki says. "Academia is not just one person after all. Before the two of them convene to the scheme, we will secure Dennis. Of course, we will not hand him over."

At the same time, Dennis is being held on a stretcher by the guards of the Underground Facility. Until the guards of the Council comes and ask them to hand Dennis over, but then the Security comes as they also want Dennis with Roget's orders. The paramedics flee, leaving the two groups of three to clash over Dennis.

Yuri and Sona are watching behind the wall. Yuri says, "Geez, they really are fighting for Dennis, huh?"

Sona says, "We should be quick or else Dennis wakes up and flees."

At that point, a whirlwind blows where Dennis was, causing the two groups of three to shield their eyes. When both groups can look again, they notice that Dennis disappeared.

"What? He is gone?" The Security says.

Yuri asks, "You did see the culprit, right?"

"Yeah, it is no doubt, my brother." Sona says as they quickly chase after them.

At the Security, Roget yells, "I will not hand Dennis over to the Council! Find him immediately and capture him! Take away my right to command? If you old geezers are going to adopt that attitude, then we will have to take drastic measures as well."

Roget places a white pawn in a position where it would capture a black pawn on the chessboard, which initiates the King's Gambit operation of Sector Security. "Notify all of Security. Begin the operation."

As part of the operation, Security officers become manipulated by a red symbol appearing on their foreheads. One such officer causes Dobocle to flee down a Commons alleyway. The manipulated Security officers then all drive to the High Council building at once, and infiltrate it.

Officer Ushio, Mikage, and Kazama notice the officers and Kazama says, "Yuya was right...Roget has begun to take control of them..."

"What are we going to do then?" Mikage asks.

And at the same time, they spot Yuri and Sona. Kazama asks, "Yuya? Aren't you supposed to be resting?"

"Dennis was gone missing, so we need to find them fast." Yuri says.

"It seems like you are right, the Security is under Roget's control." Ushio says.

"What? So Roget activates my control chip..." Zarnie grits her teeth.

Sona says, "And since we found yours beforehand, so you two aren't controlled."

Ushio says, "I can't believe that the Director is so cruel to do this."

Yuri says, "Right now it is inevitable. I suggest that you either hide or pretend to be in control so that you won't be suspicious."

The officers nod in agreement as Sona and Yuri bid farewell, still thinking of them as Yuya and Yuni.

Security breaks open the council building and surround everyone, including Reiji and Reira.

"Security." Gael says.

"What are you up to?" Grey asks.

"What kind of attitude is this?" Azul asks.

"What kind of attitude?" Roget smirks. "I could ask the same of you."

Bordeaux says, "Roget."

"Taking away my right to command as Chief of the Security Bureau... Do you really think you can maintain peace in the City like that?"