Chapter 34 A Plan and a Promise

Melissa's helicopter flies through the sky above the Duel Palace as she says, "Now it's the second match of the third round! Vying for a place in the best four are Yugo! And Serena!"

The crowd chants Serena's name, and the watching Jean-Michel Roget notes, "Other than Yuya and Sergey, Serena also has an important role. She will become the star of hope loved by both the Tops and the Commons..."

Yuni says, "So it is Serena's turn..."

Yuya says, "Knowing Roget, he will be trying to do something to make Yugo lose."

Reisho asks, "What should we do?"

Yuni feels Sona coming out, she says, "Yuni, let me out. I'll help Serena during the duel."

"Are you sure? Is your body fine now?" Yuni asks.

"I am fine." Sona says. "Besides, Serena is my friend and there is no way I will leave her alone."

Yuni nods and then she defuses with her: her body glows as it starts to split. Sona is now wearing her own clothes and then has the Full Clear in her hand.

"Sona, two will be better than one." Yuni says. "Tsukikage!" Yuni says as the ninja appeared in front of the door.

"Yuni dono, Yuya dono. Reisho dono." The ninja bows.

"You and Sona will go save Serena if she lost this round." Yuya says.

"Understood." Tsukikage says.

Sona says, "So we are partners now, let's not hold each other back." Tsukikage nods and they both leave.

The crowd chants Yugo's name as he pulls up to the starting line and removes his helmet. Yugo muses, "A fierce flame burns in my heart. An inferno as fiery as that crimson sun. Yes - with this burning heart, I make a promise to the sun. Rin...And Yuzu in heaven. I'll win this duel for both of you. Make sure you watch."

In the underground, Yuzu sneezes as Ryu asks, "Are you alright?"

"I don't know. Maybe I caught a bug..." Yuzu asks.

Melissa announces, "Serena has shown up on the course!" And the crowd chants her name as she stops beside Yugo.

Seeing him looking at the sun, Serena asks, "What do you think you're looking at?"

This causes Yugo's attraction as she retracts her visor. "Your opponent is right here! Ignoring me when I'm your opponent is disrespectful behavior for a duelist!"

But Yugo has dropped his helmet and he isn't listening; the moment he's seen that Serena resembles Rin his eyes have gone wide and his mouth has dropped open.

"Rin..." Yugo gasps, much to Serena's surprise.

"RIN!" He lunges forwards to hug Serena. Serena promptly knocks him into the sky, yelling, "Get lost!"

As Yugo lands on the D-Wheel, Rin, who is watching on top of the stadium, sighs, "Baka Yugo...just because we looked the same..."

As Yugo lies sprawled on his D-Wheel, Serena thinks, "Rin? Since Yuya and Yuri told me that I looked like Rin, so he must have thought of me as Rin..."

"Yugo, what are you up to?!" A person yells. "Get your hands off my Serena!" Another person says.

"Rin!" Yugo says as he looks up.

"I'm not Rin." Serena says. "I'm Serena."

Yugo briefly sees Rin in the Turbo Dueling outfit that he gave Yuzu before the image fades. He closes his eyes and murmurs, "I see... I'm just asking to make sure..."