Chapter 22 Mask of a Clown

"The final round of the first round of Friendship Cup! Our challengers are... Kurosaki Shun! And his opponent, Dennis MacField!" Melissa says.

Dennis is sitting on the bed and he smiles, however, Shun then remembers the conversation with Ron and also the duel with Dennis, he is suspicious as to whether Dennis was really from LDS. "Back then, he showed his combat techniques. And from what Ron told me...Dennis is a spy from Academia... I am sure that Yuya and Yuni won't let LDS teach those things..."

Dennis says, "He's probably thinking something like that. I'll make sure to destroy you this time. Bit by bit."

In Yuya's room, Bruno has learned everything and asks, "If that is the case, they're both Lancers. So why are they fighting against each other? Aren't they comrades?"

Zarc notices Yuzu, who doesn't know that Dennis is a spy, and he whispers to him, "Dennis is not our comrade, he is actually a spy sent by our enemy. Since you had been spying for Yusei, you do know what it feels like."

Reisho says, "But I won't be worried if he runs away and told my father about me...My father already knows that I am on your side."

"What? Does the Professor know? How?" Katrina asks.

(Flashback)

In Professor's Chamber, Reisho is facing his father in front of them.

"You said that Standard isn't our enemy, and yet you let those students card them!" Reisho yells at his father. "Are you really that desperate to revive Ray?"

Leo closes his eyes and says, "You should know, Reisho. Ray is our everything, and we must do any means to revive her."

Reisho says, "Are you out of your mind? Do you think Ray will like to see what you've done to revive her? Just because you treat them as people who aren't real doesn't mean they really aren't real!"

Leo says, "These four dimensions are mistakes. I thought you should know better than this, Reisho."

Reisho says, "You know what, Father. If you're too stubborn to hear, then I'll tell you this, I was the one who have Ruri and Rin escape, and I have also stopped Sona and Yuri from getting Yuzu and Serena."

"What?" Leo is surprised, so all this time, his son is the one who keeps interrupting his plans. Before he can have the guards take him, Reisho says, "Reiji and I are also setting up an army to stop you, just you wait. We Lancers will come to you and you'll pay the price of what you've done to the four dimensions!"

Then he types on his Duel Disk as he leaves, much to the surprise of Professor. "Reisho...I thought you would understand..."

(Flashback End)

"I see...The professor is too stubborn to learn the truth." Yuri shakes his head.

Yuni says, "He's either far beyond saving, or something is not right."

In the Capital Building, Gael explains, "You may not be pleased with this match, but..."

Bordeaux explains, "This match is quite noteworthy to us. Chairman?"

"Yes." White Taki says.

"I'm not displeased. I find this match compelling as well." Reiji says.

Shun enters the Duel Palace on his D-Wheel to the sound of fans cheering his name.

"The defunct Underground Arena's strongest and most popular Duelist - Kurosaki Shun!" Melissa says as Dennis enters next. "And the talk of the town after his performance in Central Park - the entertainer, Dennis Macfield!"