Chapter 17 An Out-Of-Reach Shout

"Battle! Bolt Jockey! Finish him off!" Ron yells as he defeats an unnamed D-Wheel duelist. Melissa says, "The winner of the seventh match today is Ron! Using the Xyz Summon, he manages to defeat his opponent!"

Everyone cheers for him as Jean says, "Well done, Brother."

"He is good. As expected from someone from the Xyz Dimension." Dennis says.

"Now let's keep this up as we move on to the next match!" Melissa says.

"Alright, come on!" Sawatari says.

"It should've been me right now." Yugo says.

"The last match on the first day of the Friendship Cup is Serena versus Tony!"

"Serena?" Yuya says.

"Serena..." Yuzu mutters. "She is also here, too..."

"Well, we can see how well she duels here." Ray says.

"It's not me again?" Sawatari mutters.

"So I'm not making my debut today?" Dennis says.

"In that case, I'll just keep sleeping on this wonderfully soft bed." Risu says while lying on the bed.

"I got all pumped up for nothing." Yugo mutters while closing his eyes.

"Alright, it's up to you, Tony!" Shinji cheers. "Fire up the Commons and rally them together!"

In the Security Bureau, Roget is watching Serena get to the duel field, he says, "You're asking why you're not fighting that girl? That's for later. If she meets my expectations as a duelist, she will continue to win without difficulty. She just might make it to the final match too. She'll definitely be popular too. And then you'll crush her.

After seeing Jack, Reisho, Yuya, and Yuni's photos, he says, "Defeating the four strongest and most popular duelists in the tournament will shock the City. That is your duty. I'm counting on you, Sergey."

Yuya and the others are watching through the same room, Yuni says, "If Serena loses, she'll be sent underground too..."

"But knowing her, it will be hard for her to lose right now." Sona says to her.

"But still, we have a total of 6 remaining in the tournament, with two-loss..." Katrina says.

Then they see how Serena Fusion Summoned, Panther Dancer, and Melissa says, "Serena and Yuzu...they kinda look alike, don't they? Are they sisters or something?"

"Sisters? I see." Roget says.

"They aren't siblings, though. They were just one being in the past." Yuya says.

After a while, Serena manages to beat Tony in the end. Melissa cheers, "The winner is Serena! After Sakaki Yuni, Vivian and Yuzu, our female duelists win consecutively! How's this? You looking at this, boys?! From now on, dueling belongs to the era of girls!"

"It's not about being male or female. What matters is the kind of education you receive as a duelist. Her education must have been top-tier, she will not disappoint us." Roget says.

"And that wraps up the agenda for the first day of the Friendship Cup tournament!" Melissa says.

Yuya says, "As expected from Serena."

Yuri says, "I won't doubt Serena's strength, since she is only one and Sona that can on par on me."

"Aren't you getting too full of yourself?" Zarc asks.

"Whatever." Yuri replies.

"Everyone, did you enjoy yourselves?" Melissa asks as the audience cheers. "That's great, so before we finish up, let's give it up for our catchphrase one more time, shall we? The city is one!" Melissa says as she realized the crowd is leaving.