Chapter 24 The Beauty of Destruction

In the Dark Signer's hideout, a total of 6 Dark Signers are having a meeting. The man with the Condor mark says, "Dennis has already returned to Academia. It will be a matter of time that he will send Academia to invade here just like they did in Heartland."

Everyone in the meeting are staying silent, but deep down inside, they are shocked. The man says, "But let them come, with them arrive, there will be more sacrifices for the god. Tomorrow will be the match of Hiiragi Yuzu with Security's Dueling machine Sergey. Hiiragi Yuzu is the vessel of Akaba Ray. If we make her a Dark Signer, the Professor won't be able to continue his plan. No one will be able to stop us."

"Are you sure it will work?" The female with the Hummingbird Mark asks with concern.

The man then shows a hologram, which has 9 marks of the Dark Signers. "Thanks to the split of the dimensions, we have managed to create the new Earthbound Gods, Lilius and Manibus. Right now we have yet to find the host for Chacu Challhua, Uru, and Manibus. Uru has been using spiders to find the host, but still in vain, and Manibus has been impatient, seems like the duelist that bears its mark has been in the city."

He then stands up and says, "Now it's my cue to leave."

After he leaves, the female with the Hummingbird Mark says, "Be careful...Condor..."

"The City is one! We are all friends! The third day of the Friendship Cup tournament! Today, we move on into the second round!" Melissa announces and the audience cheers.

"These sixteen duelists have passed the first round!" Melissa says as holograms of Yuya, Katrina, Serena, Reisho, Shinji, Satoshi, Sergey, Vivian, Yugo, Risu, Yuzu, Ryu, Crow, Ron, Yuni, and Shun appeared. "Who would emerge as the best eight and advance?! The fated first match is... Hiiragi Yuzu vs Sergey Volkov!" Melissa announces.

At the stands, Sora notices the two siblings as he walks toward them. Ruka asks, "You must be Sora, right? Yuni has told us about you."

Sora nods and says, "Yes. Right now we must follow them, I am afraid that Duel Crusher will do something to Yuzu."

Rua says, "So do we. Ruka has powers to call out Monsters from the duel disk, so we will be riding there."

Sora nods as they leave.

In the rooms, Ron says, "Yuzu is the first, huh?"

Ryu says, "Yuzu...please be careful..."

As Yuzu and Sergey arrive at the Duel Field, Yuzu thinks, "I really want Yuya to wake up and watch my duel...but with the Dark Signers... I also have to warn the people of the Synchro Dimension about the interdimensional war. So I'll give it my all in this duel, and win!"

Back at the stadium, Melissa says, "Listen to these rousing cheers! And she's here! Her popularity's on the rise! First up - the cute and spectacular entertainment angel swoops down on the field! Hiiragi Yuzu!"

Everyone cheers for Yuzu, and Melissa says, "She looks even better than in the first round!"

Yuzu stares at Jack and says, "Jack Atlas...I'll aim for him and do my best too! And then I'll tell everyone our thoughts! So right now...I'll give my all in this duel!"

"He's here! Her opponent, Sergey! His performance against Damon in the first round was a little lacking and seemed to barely win the duel. Will it work out for him today? The fearsome criminal who once shook the City. These days, his power is long-forgotten."

"You can beat him easily! Yuzu!" Yugo cheers in his room.

Sergey stares at Yuzu, and remembers what Roget said, "Hiiragi Yuzu...She and Serena may be the trump cards I need to build my kingdom. Defeat her and bring her to me."