Chapter 31 Vivian vs. Reisho

"Now after the victory of Kurosaki Shun, the matches are going to get heated up! Now for the next duel, we will have Akaba Reisho versus Sakaki Vivian!" Melissa says as the crowd cheers.

The remaining Lancers are surprised as Ron says, "What? Akaba Reisho versus Sakaki Vivian? What kind of match-up is this?"

"So that means that either one of them is going to the Underground..." Serena says.

At the Council, Gael says, "You might not like this match-up."

"But most of the Lancers has passed the first round." Gray says.

"It will be no doubt that they will be facing each other." Azul says.

"Let's hope that they provide a good challenge, right? Chairman?"

White Taki says, "Who knows? This might be interesting."

Reiji is just watching the match-up with an unreadable expression, while Reira looks worried.

Yuni says, "The time has come..."

"Yeah..." Yuya says. "I just hope that Reisho and Vivian can handle themselves."

Once the two arrive at the Duel Line, Vivian is thinking about Manibus' words.

"So I should duel normally like I was before?" Vivian asks Manibus.

"Yes, the time hasn't come yet. So it is better that you duel normally with the cards made by your sister." Manibus says. "And that way you won't die if you lose."

"Okay." Vivian says.

Reisho sees Vivian spacing out, he says, "Vivian."

Vivian turns to Reisho and asks, "Yes?"

"Let's hope to have a wonderful duel. To bring smiles to everyone." Reisho says.

Vivian places the cards in the deck and smiles back, "You are right."

"Now let's get the show on the road! Action Field, on! Field Magic, Crossover Accel!" Melissa says. The purple light suffuses the stadium and the surrounding track, and the Action Cards scatter.

"Duel mode, on. Auto-pilot, stand-by." Both D-Wheels declare, and the holographic countdown appears. "Riding Duel, acceleration!" Melissa calls.

"Duel!" Both Vivian and Reisho cry out. (Vivian:4000)(Reisho:4000)

With both D-Wheels rushing out at the same time, Vivian makes a quick accelerate as she rides past Reisho. Melissa says, "Vivian has shown her skills and she gets the first turn."

Reisho says with a smile, "Not bad."

"Thanks. I use Scale 3 Ghost Force Doll Anna and Scale 9 One-eyed Minion to set the Pendulum Scale!"

A doll covered with blood appears as well as the one-eyed monster, they raise to the air and a 3 and a 9 appears under them.

"I use Doll Anna's effect, I send 2 cards to the graveyard." She says as the doll gives out an evil laugh as Vivian sends two cards to the graveyard. "And I end my turn."

"What is this?" Melissa says, "Vivian just set the Pendulum Monsters, but she didn't Pendulum Summon, what is she thinking?"

Ron says, "So she is using that trick, huh?"

Yuni says, "I guess I know what she is aiming for."

"Me too. But still, are you sure she is a Dark Signer?" Katrina asks in worry.

"We will find out when the duel goes on." Yuya says. "But I hope not."

Reisho says, "Although I don't know what you are planning, I think I have to show the seriousness that I have been hiding. My turn."