Chapter 28 A Matter of Trust

"With the excellent duel between Crow Hogan and Sakaki Yuni, our fourth duel of the Third day of Friendship Cup is coming up next! Our competitors are Serena versus Hiiragi Ryu!" Melissa says.

As Serena is walking toward the stadium, she thinks, "So my opponent is Yuzu's brother..."

Ryu has a frown on his face and says, "Of all the people, why does my opponent have to be her..."

Once the two duelists arrive at the duel field, Serena turns around and looks at Ryu.

"Hey, Ryu." Ryu looks at her and Serena says with a frown, "I am really sorry for what happened to Yuzu..."

Ryu says, "You didn't do anything wrong. It is my fault to have Yuzu in danger while I just sit around and do nothing..."

"I see... let's give it our best for Yuzu's sake." Serena says.

Ryu stares at him, he sees Yuzu's face on her as he feels a little heart pain.

"Now, let's get the show on the road! Action Field, on! Field Magic, Crossover Accel!" Melissa says. The purple light suffuses the stadium and the surrounding track, and the Action Cards scatter.

"Duel mode, on. Auto-pilot, stand-by." Both D-Wheels declare, and the holographic countdown appears. "Riding Duel, acceleration!" Melissa calls.

"Duel!" Both Serena and Ryu cry out. (Serena:4000)(Ryu:4000)

They exit the Duel Palace, and Ryu emerges first "The first move goes to Ryu!" Melissa says.

Ryu says, "I'll go first. I use the Scale 2 Elemental Villager and Scale 9 Elemental Slave to set the Pendulum Scale!"

A prisoner with a rainbow-colored crest appears along with a normal person. Then a 2 and a 9 appears below them.

"With this, I can summon monsters from Level 3 to Level 8! Pendulum Summon! Come! Elemental Castle!" (ATK:0/DEF:2000 LV:6)

A Castle with rainbow colors appears on the field, Melissa says, "What a surprise! Ryu has summoned a giant castle!"

Serena says, "So you are going for defense, huh?"

"Yeah. I end my turn." Ryu says.

Serena says, "My turn!" She draws a card and says, " Using the Scale 1 Moonlight Wolf and Scale 5 Moonlight Tiger, I set Pendulum Scale!"

Two monsters ascend to the top and a 1 and a 5 appear below them.

"With this, I'm able to simultaneously summon monsters from levels 2 to 4! Pendulum Summon! Come forth, my monsters! Moonlight Blue Cat (ATK:1600/DEF:1200 LV:4) and Moonlight Purple Butterfly (ATK:1000/ DEF:1000 LV:3)!"

As two monsters appear, Melissa says, "After Ryu, Serena also goes for a Pendulum summon! This is our first Pendulum vs. Pendulum Battle!"

The crowd is cheering for them, and Serena says, "I activate Moonlight Wolf's Pendulum Effect! Once per turn, I can perform a Fusion Summon of a Moonlight Monster in my Extra Deck! But the materials used with this effect are banished! As Blue Cat and Purple Butterfly swirled inside the orange and blue colored vortex, Serena began her summoning chant, joining her hands together.

"Blue cat that prowls through the darkness! Butterfly with violet poison! Spiral into the moon's gravity and become a new power! Fusion Summon! Come to me! Beautiful beast that dances in the moonlight! Moonlight Cat Dancer! (ATK:2400/DEF:2000 LV:7)"

As her monster appears, Melissa says, "Serena has successfully Fusion Summoned!"

Risu says, "Like the last duel, she duels really just like Rin..."